Indecisive- help!

Mar 14, 2008
Hiiii fellow TPFers!

I have always wanted to get a Balenciaga but never did- don't ask me why. Finally I've decided to take the dive but...

I'm contemplating between three bags- anthracite G21 gold hw / gris tarmac G12 rose gold hw / parme G21 rose gold hardware.

A little history:

All my bags are black (including clutches)... and they are all with gold hardware as well (except Chanel GST w Silver HW)... So it's a no brainer that I love black + gold. Anyway, I've always liked G21- so I thought anthracite would be nice (never seen IRL).

And then I saw Gris Tarmac IRL and kinda fell in love with it too- only problem is its in G12.

I do want a neutral shade like Papyrus/Praline etc but they're already sold out... Parme looks nice with rose gold but it's hard to capture the true color- last thing I want is a pink bag.

Gosh- any help would be appreciated. I want something which goes well w my outfits (mostly black/ nude/ denims). Last resort would be to not buy at all...

Many many thanks!

Welcome to bal. I think anthra is a great neutral, I'm a Gold hardware fan as well but I do prefer anthra in silver hardware, but it is what u like. No for me with G12 and it sounds to me you don't want pink so parme should be cut off that list. If you don't mind preowned there is an ivory on eBay with RGGH that is a great neutral and resembles praline:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Balenc...757?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item1c28465b0d

So I say anthra or the above. Goodluck and let us know what you decide.

I'm finally ready to purchase my first Bal as well. And checked out the Anthra with GGH on ebay (mentioned above). Is that too much for that bag? I would love the input. What about a 2009 City in black with GSH selling for just under $1500...having a hard time deciding whether or not that's a good buy.

I'm finally ready to purchase my first Bal as well. And checked out the Anthra with GGH on ebay (mentioned above). Is that too much for that bag? I would love the input. What about a 2009 City in black with GSH selling for just under $1500...having a hard time deciding whether or not that's a good buy.
The anthra is way overpriced IMO. But it comes down to how much you are willing to spend and what is worth it to you. There are 2 black cities with GSH selling on eBay...one is starting bid at $1100 ending soon and the other is $1550. The one for $1550 I have inquired about and was very interested in purchasing but I ended up getting something else. That one is actually sold by a wonderful tpfer on here. That price is a little more then what I would prefer to pay for but it is in excellent condition and again comes down to how much you are willing to spend. Maybe you should contact the sellers for additional photos to help you decide. You can't go wrong with a black city GSH. Goodluck.

OMG...thank you so much!! That's the black city I saw on ebay as well...also saw it listed on Bonanza...I think I will get a hold of the seller and ask a few questions. I thought of making an offer on the anthra but didn't want to insult her. I'm starting to feel like GSH is the way to go...might get tired of the gold? But seriously...your input was so helpful, can't thank you enough!

OMG...thank you so much!! That's the black city I saw on ebay as well...also saw it listed on Bonanza...I think I will get a hold of the seller and ask a few questions. I thought of making an offer on the anthra but didn't want to insult her. I'm starting to feel like GSH is the way to go...might get tired of the gold? But seriously...your input was so helpful, can't thank you enough!
Not a problem Ruby...good luck. I love GGH but I don't love it on the black city I don't know why. I hope you get this beauty

Not a problem Ruby...good luck. I love GGH but I don't love it on the black city I don't know why. I hope you get this beauty
This message is for Yowong52,
Hi, Apparently I am too new to TPF to have messaging yet so hopefully you'll get this okay.
Thanks for the message regarding the Black City. She sent me lots of pictures and it really does look great, color, condition...everything. If I sent pics to you would you be willing to check them out or is there anything I should be on the lookout for? Should I ask for her TPF name?

This message is for Yowong52,
Hi, Apparently I am too new to TPF to have messaging yet so hopefully you'll get this okay.
Thanks for the message regarding the Black City. She sent me lots of pictures and it really does look great, color, condition...everything. If I sent pics to you would you be willing to check them out or is there anything I should be on the lookout for? Should I ask for her TPF name?

Hiiii fellow TPFers!

I have always wanted to get a Balenciaga but never did- don't ask me why. Finally I've decided to take the dive but...

I'm contemplating between three bags- anthracite G21 gold hw / gris tarmac G12 rose gold hw / parme G21 rose gold hardware.

A little history:

All my bags are black (including clutches)... and they are all with gold hardware as well (except Chanel GST w Silver HW)... So it's a no brainer that I love black + gold. Anyway, I've always liked G21- so I thought anthracite would be nice (never seen IRL).

And then I saw Gris Tarmac IRL and kinda fell in love with it too- only problem is its in G12.

I do want a neutral shade like Papyrus/Praline etc but they're already sold out... Parme looks nice with rose gold but it's hard to capture the true color- last thing I want is a pink bag.

Gosh- any help would be appreciated. I want something which goes well w my outfits (mostly black/ nude/ denims). Last resort would be to not buy at all...

Many many thanks!

I own a Papyrus, an Anthracite and a Parme bag with GRGH. Parme is my favorite. It is not a pink bag as you think. It goes with anything. It looks brownish with different outfits, purplish, greyish ... you can't describe the color. I would go for this bag again and again. Between Gris Tarmac and Anthracite I would go for Anthracite which is again a chameleon color. Grey but also greenish or blueish depending on the leather. Perfect color, one of Bals best IMO. I would never go for G12. G21 is stunning !

Parme seems really pretty in pictures but I havent seen it in real life, so it's kinda hard to decide. Plus it'd be an eBay purchase- somehow I prefer buying through Bal boutiques. I saw a few Anthra pictures online and they look really greenish with time. Gosh, so hard to decide!