Incredibly Scary Honest and Happy transactions

Pierito510

My precious Pup
May 14, 2008
I thought time to share some good experiences to renew the trust in fellow purse lovers.. I have 2 to share

a few years ago i sold an excellent condition white patent leather chanel bag in ebay. I only had like 15 feedback, the girl was from another country but had a GF in LA. The agreement was the GF send me postal money orders, And I ship directly to her in her country ...i think it was england or something..
So about a week later I received 2 WHOLE money orders and BLANK for like $600 each.. no her info no my info and her receipt still attached. I asked the postman who is my friend and he said..'wow this person must really trust you" he cashed both MO for me in the PO SO theoreticall no record of it!
I emailed her and instructed her of the risks of doing that in the future, shipped her bag..she loved it and happy ending!
Ok so I am the hero on this one..but wait for the next one..

A person in this weird weird addres [it was like 200 1/4 and unit CW something really strange] bought a Jimmy Choo Ramona bag from me..the auction had ended so she approached me with a lower offer and I accept it...again about a year ago..not much experience..i don't have much feedback and didn't sell that much but her address was verified so I agreed. I insured it AND required signature from the post office...THe weeks went by and didn't hear from her and tracking the number showed not delievered [in transit] I waited like 3 weeks! I was so scared to ask her but I waas waiting for the month to check with the Post office and submit a loss claim since she was insured!
Then she emailed me...she said "my friends love my bag i've been using it like everyday...I wonder if you have anything else for sale"
LOL I was sooooo worried! It's so scary that the postman didn't require a signature. I went to ask at the post office why ...and they really couldn't tell me.. but everything went fine!

I love great e-Bay stories. I've had way many more wonderful e-Bay experiences than not. :flowers:

Yes we should share some of those too..I still want to believe there is way more happy succesful stories with great honest people..than most of what we hear...I read some of the posts and I get really scared..but I think we should also share good things..

I have another one..I bought a Robert Wilson Houston from a very reputable seller for $1000..the bag was beautiful but it seemed a little stiff..I don't know I had a bad gut feeling about it, so I started looking for the date code..I emailed the seller and asked where the datecode was, she replied she didn't know..so then I decide to ship the bag to poupette...I put the bag in a box and ship it to her.. It ended up being a counterfeit..The seller herself was so suprised..she had close to 2000fd..poupette mailed the bag back to her who confirmed was the bag sent to me and I got my money back...without any problems or bad feelings or charge backs or anything...:smile:...

I had purchased a Luella shoulder bag (looks like the Gisele stlye, but a shoulder bag instead) for a very low price on ebay :smile:
When the purse arrived, it was missing the little pink heart "Luella" zipper pull, but still had plenty of chain left to use for the pull, and I could've had the pull replaced with something else. (zipper still worked fine, still felt like I'd gotten a great deal!) I approached the seller to let him know the zipper was broken, thinking i'd get a small refund maybe, but the seller REFUNEDED THE WHOLE THING, shipping and everything!!

I just had the most wonderful Ebay transaction and it was with a member of TPF. She had a Balenciaga MU bag listed but her auction said payment was immediately. I first emailed her and asked for her PF id because she stated she was a member, which she responded asap with it. I then PM'd her on here and confirmed it was her. I told her that I was unable to pay immediately but if I could have 3 additional days. She was hesitant and I respected her hesitation being a seller myself so I wished her the best and thought that was it. Well she then asked for my ebay ID again and I guess she read my feedback. To make a long story short she let me complete the transaction and was one of the most honest, nicest sellers ever. Her communication was unbelievable. I just got my MU bag and it is authentic, brand new and exactly how it was described.
I am always so scared to buy Balenciaga's on ebay. Too many horror stories. But I really wanted a MU bag especially in this color.

Wonderful transaction and wonderful person.

I have dealt with wonderfull ebayers, bonanzlers hereunder TPFers.
After a bad (moneywise) bal spree in december, my HG popped up (aqua L matelasse) in january
The BIN price was way out of my financial means, due to my bal spree in dec.
As I could not let this beauty pass by, without doing anythng I emailed the seller. This lovely seller was most understanding, and happy that her matelasse went to a loving home. She let me purchase this beauty for a very fair price. The whole transaction - speedy postage and sellers communication - she deserves a applause.
Miss aquamarine (Aka ella, after the lovely seller), has a special place in my bag collection. Not only as a HG - but also as a reminder of this lovely lady who let me purchase her bag

I don't want to jinx myself, but after NOT selling on eBay for 5 yrs after a buyer claimed a Coach bag I sold was fake (totally wasn't and Paypal sided with me as the seller), I took the plunge in February and decided to list some things I wasn't using. I sold Manolos, 2 Bbags, Loefler Randall shoes, a Tod's bag, Botkier bag, Kooba, MJ, and more. Every buyer paid promptly and there was absolutely no drama. After reading this forum, I was bracing myself for a few hiccups, but everything went well. *knocks on wood*