Incredibly mad with SA at Saks Fifth

What the SA said was BS! because when you sign a package for, say, another family member in your household, you still sign YOUR own name, not your family member's name. So even if you have a maid, a gardener etc., if he/she signs he/she would have signed his/her own name, not YOURS! Nobody can fake another person's signature because that's ILLEGAL because that's identity theft!!!

If Saks 5th insists it has been delivered to you and you did sign for it, then yea, forget them and have your Credit Card company help you!

Wow! I hope things get resolved! I have had courier companies just dump packages at my house that required a signature without actually getting anyone to sign for it. In other cases, I have had the driver sign for the package themselves... nice. Keep us updated!

Wow! I hope things get resolved! I have had courier companies just dump packages at my house that required a signature without actually getting anyone to sign for it. In other cases, I have had the driver sign for the package themselves... nice. Keep us updated!

I just spoke to 'Lady A' at the shipping department again for the 5th time and she claims that the Fedex driver did the confirmation and believes that he dropped it off at my house. But they couldn't confirm that someone at MY HOUSE signed for it!!! What a total LIE!!! The signature totally does not say my last name and having me admiting to a signature that I didn't sign for with my NAME on it is ridiculous!

What madness is this?? :hysteric:

this is getting awful...hey maybe u could call police to make them think about it more serious. coz i think it's a fraud to fake someone else's signature. that's truly ILLEGAL! and criminal of course..isnt it?
I dun really know how law could work for this case, but maybe Neiman would noticw how serious it is for u!

this just my 2 cents though:smile:

Be strong loveone7

I always buy my Chanel from Bloomingdales in NYC. My S/A is manager of the Chanel dept. I have always recv'd my shipments when she told me they would arrive. She goes above what is required to may sure I am pleased w/ my purchases. If anyone would like info for her I will be glad to provide.
Penny

Here's the latest update. So I filed a police report and showed up at Fedex causing up a scene. Reason was because the Lady A at Saks Fifth Avenue shipping told me that they've done a driver's verification AND the driver was sure that he dropped it off at my house. With that being said, I Showed up at the Fedex location and said, "Ask the Driver to IDENTIFY WHETHER IT WAS ME WHO SIGNED FOR THE BAG." Yes I was that mad. Obviously, they couldn't schedule that 'face' time because the driver clearly did not drop it off at my house or his previous statement which he did was false? Fedex spent a good 30 mins defending their drivers and obviously arguing their stand. So I drafted out a summary of my inquiry and discussion and Fedex, relayed it back to Saks Fifth Lady A and she told me that she 'again' couldn't do anything but get back to me today whether or not they will be filing a claim (wee bit too late aren't we?). So I am still waiting for the phone to ring. What a nightmare!

Here's the latest update. So I filed a police report and showed up at Fedex causing up a scene. Reason was because the Lady A at Saks Fifth Avenue shipping told me that they've done a driver's verification AND the driver was sure that he dropped it off at my house. With that being said, I Showed up at the Fedex location and said, "Ask the Driver to IDENTIFY WHETHER IT WAS ME WHO SIGNED FOR THE BAG." Yes I was that mad. Obviously, they couldn't schedule that 'face' time because the driver clearly did not drop it off at my house or his previous statement which he did was false? Fedex spent a good 30 mins defending their drivers and obviously arguing their stand. So I drafted out a summary of my inquiry and discussion and Fedex, relayed it back to Saks Fifth Lady A and she told me that she 'again' couldn't do anything but get back to me today whether or not they will be filing a claim (wee bit too late aren't we?). So I am still waiting for the phone to ring. What a nightmare!

OMG, I am so sorry to hear that! I pray that this is resolved. That is HORRIBLE!!

I paid with a debit card and yes I did file a claim on the day I didn't receive the package.:angel:

These days I don't usually bother with talking to the persons involved. I just get all their names, their location, and what their positions are. Ask for their regional manager, and then if they still can't help, get their names too, and then ask for corporate number. Small people can't do anything for you. When you go to corporate, their time is so valuable they just want to get rid of you. Believe me, i have gotten people fired at the stores when they were rude about the refund policies. Call corporate and complain about how they were not being professional and were being condescending to you. The number one thing with corporate is customer retention because new customer cost money to get, at least in their accounting books. Corporate usally even gives me gift certificates along with my full refund.

Be firm but nice.

I really hope that would help. And if even corporate can't help, then I don't know how else to help you.

These days I don't usually bother with talking to the persons involved. I just get all their names, their location, and what their positions are. Ask for their regional manager, and then if they still can't help, get their names too, and then ask for corporate number. Small people can't do anything for you. When you go to corporate, their time is so valuable they just want to get rid of you. Believe me, i have gotten people fired at the stores when they were rude about the refund policies. Call corporate and complain about how they were not being professional and were being condescending to you. The number one thing with corporate is customer retention because new customer cost money to get, at least in their accounting books. Corporate usally even gives me gift certificates along with my full refund.

Be firm but nice.

I really hope that would help. And if even corporate can't help, then I don't know how else to help you.

Thank you so much for the advise. I appreciate in you taking the time to explain the whole procedure to me. I believe I've spoken to the Director of Handbags, the Saks Fifth Avenue STORE manager, the Chanel Handbags Manager, the Head of shipping department and the manager of customer service at S5A. I personally went to Fedex to identify myself and insisted on the Fedex driver to identify the person who signed for the package. But he/she did not show up or have any plans to show up. In addition to those communications, I've also issued a letter:

a)listing my communications with all S5A staff (date, time and name of staff)
b) communication with fedex (date, time and name of staff)

to all of them explaining my problem and anger in the most professional way (as part of my daily audit report writing skills), attached my police report and cc-ed my Bank on it. I've even explained the regulation of the provisional credit that will be given to me by my bank until they resolve the issue and also the customer satisfaction notice that is stated on their website. Also, Fedex has a contract with S5A on claims, so I've even hit them on that note to ensure that they either fulfill/re-read their rights as Fedex was their vendor choice, not mine. The risks involved has definitely impaired the customer service and financials of merely $1650.

So I believe I have exercised all rights and arenas to demand for an apology, explanation, and reimbursement.

Thank you so much for the advise. I appreciate in you taking the time to explain the whole procedure to me. I believe I've spoken to the Director of Handbags, the Saks Fifth Avenue STORE manager, the Chanel Handbags Manager, the Head of shipping department and the manager of customer service at S5A. I personally went to Fedex to identify myself and insisted on the Fedex driver to identify the person who signed for the package. In addition to those communications, I've also issued a letter:

a)listing my communications (date, time and name of staff)

to all of them explaining my problem and anger in the most professional way (as part of my daily audit report writing skills), attached my police report and cc-ed my Bank on it. I've even explained the regulation of the provisional credit that will be given to me by my bank until they resolve the issue and also the customer satisfaction notice that is stated on their website.

So I believe I have exercised all rights and arenas to demand for an apology, explanation, and reimbursement.

I don't know where the Director of Handbags (from the NY office?) is on the corporate hierarchy. But if that person answers to someone, you need to talk to that person, so so forth. You have to go up the chain until there no more to go up, if resolving this matter means that much to you.

Thank you so much for the advise. I appreciate in you taking the time to explain the whole procedure to me. I believe I've spoken to the Director of Handbags, the Saks Fifth Avenue STORE manager, the Chanel Handbags Manager, the Head of shipping department and the manager of customer service at S5A. I personally went to Fedex to identify myself and insisted on the Fedex driver to identify the person who signed for the package. But he/she did not show up or have any plans to show up. In addition to those communications, I've also issued a letter:

a)listing my communications with all S5A staff (date, time and name of staff)

to all of them explaining my problem and anger in the most professional way (as part of my daily audit report writing skills), attached my police report and cc-ed my Bank on it. I've even explained the regulation of the provisional credit that will be given to me by my bank until they resolve the issue and also the customer satisfaction notice that is stated on their website. Also, Fedex has a contract with S5A on claims, so I've even hit them on that note to ensure that they either fulfill/re-read their rights as Fedex was their vendor choice, not mine. The risks involved has definitely impaired the customer service and financials of merely $1650.

Also, how long did the Director talk to you? If he/she can spare more than 10-15 minutes answering your call, I don't know how important this person is. I only know my husband can't even answer my calls for more than 5 minutes before running to another meeting.