incredible story for true fans!

birkel

O.G.
Jan 17, 2009
helloo over from the hermes forum, but this story and its result is for louis as it is concernibg a product from this brand. i have a very good friend who is in truth very old ,she has decided it is time to let go of many of her classic fasion historical pieces as she does not wear them ,and has no one that wishes to keep them. because of this she has decided to sell and having seen her collection i decided to keep only three things as the rest are well.. interesting but not extraordinary, yet one of theese things is quite very out of the ususal she is 87 years old and she let me keep this ! .ok to the point i guess the story makes it as interesting as living it sorry for the delay its what she calls a prototype, speedy the canvas is different the hole where the lock should go is not perfectly round as the new ones are the have this has a sort of a rectangualr rounded in the end shape like a medicine gel cap or capsule shape the natural leather is very tanned and the only marking is under the other leather flap reading louis vuitton paris fait en france and a letter "P" She says this means prototype the zipper and zipper pull are intact and the zipper reads eclair standard issue on french zippers from the old days. the metal pieces do not say vuitton . and the look of the canvas is shifting from brownish to a general deep brown and greenish overtone. the bag is part of a set that includes several pieces from vuitton including a 1992 epi and a french co. pullman ,i bought it just for the speedy she says she got it in texas from a friend that told her the story it was 1953 and she was told by this person that it was a prototype that traveled out of the company with a MR berger, i traced this man down to mexico they are an old french originated familly that own jewlwery and luxury watch boutiques and one of the original bergers was maried to maria felix mexican screen legend he was known for bringing back vuittons hermes and couture creations for his divine wife BEING A REGULAR COSTUMER A mr claude (im thinking vuitton)authorized the bag to leave and be taken as a gift to this mans wife im thinking he was thinking of the free publicity but the bag never came to felix as mr berger stopped in the mexican city of monterrey and offered it as a gift to the gorvernors wife a mrs maria emila farias wife to the governor luis m farias ,it later came to the u.s when this woman gave the bag to her daughter who sold it to the woman who now sold it to me and this is what i know ...... ill post pictures in an album tommorrow but from what i describe what do you all think of this !:nuts:

Wow!! What an amazing story and this Speedy is so unique with all this background history. I'm not surprised that LV made prototypes back in 1953, the early LV history have many of these unique one-off pieces made for special customers. It would be interesting if LV could verify this in their archives. Congrats on this and I look forward to see the pics.

Wow, what a story indeed! Congrats on this Extremely Rare LV piece!! I look forward to seeing the photos!! Pretty excited to see them! :biggrin: Thanks so much for sharing!

Posted pictures!!!!!!!! The album is of a public nature and has a few pictures of the bag im hoping with time i can get better ones the album is called speedy prototype . Hope you can all see them and comment birkel