Inconsistent / not that neat contrast stitching on Constance?

missD

O.G.
May 29, 2006
I’m in a bit of a pickle. My friend wants to consign her Epsom Etoupe C18 that she bought on her trip to Europe a few years ago.

I figured it would save us both time and money (consignment cut) if she just sell it to me. I’m pretty sure it’s authentic, I remember seeing her happy in-store photos back then.

After seeing the bag, my really critical eyes noticed really uneven / not uniformed stitching on the strap in large parts. Some stitches are short, some stitches longer etc.

The bag is nice and uniformed and looks evenly spaced etc. But the strap’s stitching looks noticeably not as well made. It’s hard for me to explain and I didn’t dare take detailed pics as to not insult her.

It oddly looks like one craftsman made the bag and another made the strap or like it wasn’t made the same day or something.

Has anyone experienced this? Since it’s contrast stitching, it’s much more visible.

It is almost impossible to give a great opinion coming from words, a picture would be the best so users can understand if what you see is fine or if what you see makes a bag suspicious. I wouldn’t care about this strap if the bag is authentic, if you feel the same, authenticate and just be happy with it. Bababebi is highly recommended.