Inconsistency on Authenticity Card?

Kailie.21494

Mar 6, 2017
Hi All,

I just recently purchased a Chanel lambskin flap wallet from someone who previously purchased it in Paris and provided me full receipts, etc. However, I noticed on the authenticity card that the fourth number in (2) is slightly off from the other numbers.

I was under the impression that EVERYTHING Chanel produces is of utmost quality and they don't let little imperfections slip through.

Is anyone else's authenticity card like this? I really don't have any reason to doubt the authenticity of the wallet, but I found the inconsistency in the card a little off.

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Attachments

• IMG_2231.JPG
    IMG_2231.JPG
    199.7 KB · Views: 699
I am not an authenticator, but don't for a second believe that Chanel doesn't let imperfections through. The quality has gone downhill for a while now on the actual bags, so the card would not surprise me.

I guess I'm just really paranoid! I've done a lot of research on Chanel and know the dangers of "super fakes," and even though she had receipts and the wallet itself looks and feels legit, the paranoid side of me keeps second guessing this card. Hopefully it is just a simple defect!

You could have it authenticated in the correct authentication thread, although they may NOT authenticate it because it is not a current auction/sale post. Just read the rules for posting and take a lot of up close photos of the inside tag, the hardware, etc. and you may get some help over there. Again, I am not an authenticator, but the card looks OK to me. For peace of mind, ask the professionals.

Yeah I don't think they'd authenticate it since it's not a current sale post. Thanks for your input though. :smile: I'm hoping other people have noticed the same thing with their cards so I'll know I'm not alone haha.

leather surgeons is another option, they will authenticate for you for a fee. i've never heard this from chanel before, but i had an LV with a date code inside that was dated two months after the date i purchased it, which is obviously wrong. mistakes can happen, but you should investigate the authenticity of the wallet itself and not worry about the card/hologram as much

Reactions: Kailie.21494
leather surgeons is another option, they will authenticate for you for a fee. i've never heard this from chanel before, but i had an LV with a date code inside that was dated two months after the date i purchased it, which is obviously wrong. mistakes can happen, but you should investigate the authenticity of the wallet itself and not worry about the card/hologram as much

I'll look into Leather Surgeons! Thanks for the suggestion. After doing some research online I've noticed that some other Chanel authenticity cards had a number that was ever so slightly off. Fingers crossed it's just a fluke. I'll definitely be purchasing from a boutique next time just so I can have full peace of mind.

The authenticate Chanel ladies may be able to help as long as you post all the required pictures and a 'log in' shot as the wallet is in your possession (a picture of the wallet in front of a laptop/phone showing you logged on to tPF) Just look at which pictures are required for authentication and post there. GL

Reactions: Sparkletastic
The authenticate Chanel ladies may be able to help as long as you post all the required pictures and a 'log in' shot as the wallet is in your possession (a picture of the wallet in front of a laptop/phone showing you logged on to tPF) Just look at which pictures are required for authentication and post there. GL

Thank you, I'll try that! So far I've only seen threads on authentication for things that haven't already been purchased. I'll keep looking!

Thank you, I'll try that! So far I've only seen threads on authentication for things that haven't already been purchased. I'll keep looking!

I am not an authenticator, but there are some numbers on cards for certain series that are intentionally a little differently aligned to thwart counterfeiters. The authenticate this chanel thread will authenticate sold items unless it is a very highly counterfeited item and impossible to tell via photos. Just refer to the first post on the authenticate this chanel bag thread for the correct format and photos. You will have to add a photo of your bag with a computer logged into your tPF account in the same photo (use a desktop or iPad to log in and then take a picture with your phone).

Reactions: Sparkletastic
Did you purchase yours from a boutique? My card for my mini has the same problem. The numbers on the end aren't straight across. Dips down like you said.
I am going to pick up the new bag Friday at Saks. I'll let you know if it happens again. It was a black lambskin jumbo made in Italy. It's a 23 series.