INCONSISTANCY is pushing me away.

ISTYLE

O.G.
Sep 2, 2008
We all know consistancy with Coach is pretty unheard of, but I'm really starting to get tired of it. I have done plenty to charge sends: fp, outlet, w/ gift card, w/ merchandise credit, by phone, by fax, you name it. But if you run across the wrong SA anything is liable to happen.

I found a bag at an outlet that I wanted to order, I placed it hold and asked could I use my gift card and was told no problem. I called a couple of days later to do it and was told by a different SA that they couldn't do it over the phone, and that I had to go to my outlet and they had to fax the info over. Once I get to my outlet I get this speech on how they don't encourage customers to locate items at other stores because they're not supposed to do charge sends and that she had to get apporval from each locations GM (okay, that's a first). After e-mailing one GM and calling the either, she then goes to tell me how this time they will make a one time exception (cause I guess they were doing me a favor). Finally it's time to make payment, I let her know I will be using my gift card and the rest will go on my credit card. :nono: Shut down again, she then says I can't use my gift card, " only a charge card that's why it's called a charge send." After leaving pretty livid, I call JAX to double check about the gift card question, cause I've done it before both in store and by phone at home. Guess what they say, "Sure you can". What the...................? Come on.

Sorry that you had to experience chaos in doing a charge send. Were you ever able to get your bag?

NO. I'm sooooo frustrated I don't know if I should bother, I REALLY want it, but I hate feeling like I have to jump through a million hoops. I feel like I'm in the circus. For some reason that SA always has an attitude with me. I don't know what to do.

That happened to me too last week. I called an outlet in FL and they said I had to get a managers approval at my fp store. When I got there the manager said its no problem, that they would take my info amd fax it to FL. But manager followed by saying that if I don't like the bag I would have to take it to an outlet to return it. Wth! I've returned a MFF bag at their store before!!L

So today, I called an AZ store to purchase a htf bag with my pce. They did everything on the phone, no hassles!!! Is it because I was buying from a fp store vs an outlet?? Hmmmm....

I called to the store that has the bag and they said MY outlet sent them a fax saying that they will not "accept a gift card". The receiving store said they didn't understand and agreed it shouldn't be such a problem. :confused1: :shrugs: It just keeps getting more and more confusing, I litterally was getting a headache.

wowowwo - See this makes NO sense to me - ALL outlets have the capablity to process charge sends that is why they have the darn paper work - sorry if i sound annoyed - I AM - BC more than once I have had to call stores TELLING them that they do process charge sends - just the other day I helped another TPFer with a chrge send - I called the store and said "so why did you tell my sister you dont do charge sends" she said WHAT IS THAT - I said REALLy you just asked ME that ???? I said can I speak to a manager PLEASE before I go POSTAL on the phone. The manager said, I have to ask the store manager for approval I said why??? I said I have done TONS of charge sends and no approval was necesseary - she said bc it is outside out district. AGAIN, I said I hve dont TONS of C/S OUTSIDE my district without approval. I said you know what, just put the darn STORE manager on the phone so WE will not have to go BACK and FORTH with HEAR SAY

I tell you coachiees again, you have to be HARD (not mean) but hard with this ppl on the phone bc they are LAZY as hell -

I know for a FACT that is is POLICY that ALL Coach stores does charge sends.

PS the charge send was processed for the other TPFer

just PM me if you need help

:bagslap::censor: that would have been me

LOL, you and me both!!!

Sorry that happened to you, ISTYLE. I hope you can still get your bag! I know that sucky feeling of having to jump through hoops, but keep trying if that bag is worth it to you. I'd definitely write or email a letter to Coach as well; they need to seriously work on consistency with their SA's...and letting them know that customers are taking notice of their inconsistencies is a good first step.

I know exactly how you feel OP!

I recently ordered shoes online, a couple of different sizes so I could keep the one I wanted. One pair (the one I wanted to return) came from a store rather than JAX. The store did not include a receipt, just an "order form" that did not state the price I paid. When I went to return the shoes, I was told that I could not return w/out a receipt. And I said, well I ordered them online and this is all that came with them. They told me that since the form did not have the price I paid, how were they to know how much to refund me? I left because I honestly did not have the time to hassle with them. Later that day I went to a different store and was able to make the return. The SA simply picked up the phone and made a call to JAX I presume, and found out what I had paid.

Coach doesn't seem to want us to buy their product.

I think they just want to make it harder for us to buy their discounted products at the outlets.

That happened to me too last week. I called an outlet in FL and they said I had to get a managers approval at my fp store. When I got there the manager said its no problem, that they would take my info amd fax it to FL. But manager followed by saying that if I don't like the bag I would have to take it to an outlet to return it. Wth! I've returned a MFF bag at their store before!!L

So today, I called an AZ store to purchase a htf bag with my pce. They did everything on the phone, no hassles!!! Is it because I was buying from a fp store vs an outlet?? Hmmmm....

I've never had difficulty trying to buy at a FP store, ever. I will go far to say that even just walking into the store I have bags "thrown" at me and I am shown the new items in store, I guess in hopes of me making a purchase!

I have had the same thing happen to me at my outlet. One time they say one thing and the next time its something different! I tried to do a charge send WITHIN MY OWN DISTRICT and they still said I needed approval from both stores when I had never needed approval before!? Then I also couldnt use my giftcard...only a credit card. I finally got the bag after alot of hassle and complaining and they even threw in free shipping because I think they were tired of my *****ing :biggrin: Coach needs to train all its SA's the same way, and store managers need to enforce the policy every time! I try to always go directly to my store manager now for any purchases...just in case!

wowowwo - See this makes NO sense to me - ALL outlets have the capablity to process charge sends that is why they have the darn paper work - sorry if i sound annoyed - I AM - BC more than once I have had to call stores TELLING them that they do process charge sends - just the other day I helped another TPFer with a chrge send - I called the store and said "so why did you tell my sister you dont do charge sends" she said WHAT IS THAT - I said REALLy you just asked ME that ???? I said can I speak to a manager PLEASE before I go POSTAL on the phone. The manager said, I have to ask the store manager for approval I said why??? I said I have done TONS of charge sends and no approval was necesseary - she said bc it is outside out district. AGAIN, I said I hve dont TONS of C/S OUTSIDE my district without approval. I said you know what, just put the darn STORE manager on the phone so WE will not have to go BACK and FORTH with HEAR SAY

I tell you coachiees again, you have to be HARD (not mean) but hard with this ppl on the phone bc they are LAZY as hell -

I know for a FACT that is is POLICY that ALL Coach stores does charge sends.

PS the charge send was processed for the other TPFer

just PM me if you need help

My store told me that they couldn't do a charge send out of district without the DM's approval. Then said I was lucky the store I was doing the charge send to was the furthest store in their district.

This is the same store manager that told me that per corporate she is not suppose to look up availability at other stores, but would make a one time exception for me, but would only look within her district.