Inception

I can't wait!!!!!! :smile: I'm a HUGE Leo fan... I've seen all of his movies from Romeo and Juliet up until Shutter Island on opening day haha. :P I'm leaving on Friday for a 10 day trip, but *have* to see it the first day, so I'm catching the 12am showing!!

I can't wait for this, either. I also plan on seeing it midnight opening day. Woohoo! Shutter Island was better than I had expected. Just watched it last week.

I've seen all of his movies from Romeo and Juliet up until Shutter Island on opening day haha.

Did you like Shutter Island?

That was actually when I first caught a glimpse of the trailer for Inception. It was this trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HilwtqaN4Gs

You can't feel it now, but that bass was intense. It made the trailer. I think it's what started the joke about not knowing what Inception was about but wanting to see it anyways.

As my friend said, "Shots of Tokyo, Christopher Nolan, Leo, a man being dragged off a building, I'm there."

it's the same director from Batman Begins!!! The soundtrack sounds almost the same as the batman movie, lol!! Can't wait to see it!!

Yeah, Christopher Nolan even brought back Alfred (Michael Caine) in pretty much the same type of role he had in The Dark Knight and The Prestige. The protaganist's father figure. Come to think of it, that's pretty much the same role he has in every movie I've seen of his except one (Hannah and Her Sisters)

I did! :smile: I saw it with my best friend, and she wasn't a fan haha. :P She kept saying I was biased because I'm such a big Leo fan, but I thought the twist was believable (and spooky) and the movie was very well acted (objectively speaking)! :smile:

Ahh, yeah, I agree... the bass really added to the overall feel! :nuts: Hahaha, your friend is wise! :P

Did you like Shutter Island?

That was actually when I first caught a glimpse of the trailer for Inception. It was this trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HilwtqaN4Gs

You can't feel it now, but that bass was intense. It made the trailer. I think it's what started the joke about not knowing what Inception was about but wanting to see it anyways.

As my friend said, "Shots of Tokyo, Christopher Nolan, Leo, a man being dragged off a building, I'm there."

Just came back a little bit ago from the midnight showing!! :nuts: I must say, I haven't seen that many high schoolers since, well, high school. :P My friend and I were among the first in line haha. :P I definitely think the movie was too cerebral for the 18 and under crowd (the various comments I overheard after the movie helped solidify that assumption)! :P

Anyway, I just wanted to post that I really, really liked the movie. I hope some of you will too! With subject matter as... inventive... as this, it's hard to make a movie that explains what is happening without compromising on the integrity of the story. You definitely need to pay attention to each and every scene (don't get up to pee, for example... haha! :P), but the story (and stories within the story) is/are explained quite well.

The acting was good (I know I'm a lil biased, because I adore Leo), but Marion Cotillard, for one, did a great job! So did Ellen Page. Of course, Leo was in almost every scene and didn't disappoint haha (sorry, my natural bias has to come through at some point)! :P It was the first movie in which he is a ______! You'll see!

I love all different genres of film (fantasy, sci-fi, chick flicks, suspense, etc.), but imaginative, interesting movies are few and far between (IMHO)... I think this was one of them! :smile:

I won't be able to respond for 10 days (unless I manage to tomorrow!), because I'm going on vacation! I hope everyone has a great, well, 10 days! :flowers: