Inbound Into Customs - is that bad?????

bag-princess

Spoiled Princess
O.G.
Jun 17, 2007
i have ordered a few things from japan - even korea! - and this is the first time i have ever seen this listed on the tracking info page. all other packages were "Processed Through Sort Facility - ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)" and then they went to a " Arrived at USPS Facility" in Jamiaica. i have never seen anthing about customs before.:-s

i have ordered a few things from japan - even korea! - and this is the first time i have ever seen this listed on the tracking info page. all other packages were "Processed Through Sort Facility - ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)" and then they went to a " Arrived at USPS Facility" in Jamiaica. i have never seen anthing about customs before.:-s

Not bad. Totally normal. :smile:

LOL! I always assumed the "ISC NEW YORK NY" was customs seeing as parcels sent UK to USA generally take about a week to break free of the place!

LOL! I always assumed the "ISC NEW YORK NY" was customs seeing as parcels sent UK to USA generally take about a week to break free of the place!

well i do not like to assume - i want to know for sure!!;)
like i said this is the first time EVER that the word "customs" has shown up on the tracking info for any of my Japan orders.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

You're welcome! It can take a while to clear that place but don't worry. :smile:

yea it looks like it. delivery estimate is the 8th-15th.

i just checked my last several orders from japan and they went straight to the sort facility in NY and the next day the package was here at my post office.

as long as it gets here i am good!:tup:
thanks so much for the advice!
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

update:

just got the text from USPS that the package has left the local post office!:happydance: so it is on it's way to my local post office so it should be delivered tmr.

Do you usually pay for customs/import fees? I ordered an LV item from a Japanese seller for the first time and wondering if I will incur any charges. Thanks in advance :smile:

Just a question here and hope you guys can help. I too had ordered a couple of things from Japan, I've been tracking my package and it's been sitting in "the office of exchange" in Los Angeles, CA for 7 days now. I've never seen it this long, should I be worried?

Just a question here and hope you guys can help. I too had ordered a couple of things from Japan, I've been tracking my package and it's been sitting in "the office of exchange" in Los Angeles, CA for 7 days now. I've never seen it this long, should I be worried?

I wouldn't be worried yet. Things do get backed up. It's possible they're inspecting it but they should contact you. As long as you're not approaching the deadline to file an INR case I wouldn't suggest doing anything but waiting. :smile: