In your opinion, most contemporary vs. "vintage" colors for a birkin?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am interested in hearing other's views on:

1. Which color in a birkin strikes you as the most contemporary or modern?

2. Which color in a birkin strikes you as the most vintage looking, traditional, or old fashioned?

My take is:

1. Orange, vert anis, blue jean, etoupe

2. Black, rouge H, gold, natural, brown

2. I basically agree with your choices, but think gold is modern looking also (not because it's the color I have), but the way these ladies where it is the reason I liked it. I believe it's classic and can be worn with most things and still looks modern. I have a gold evelyne and everywhere I go I get compliments on the color. I think most people are used to seeing black, brown, red bags, this color looks new to them. But, that's where I live and most people have not seen birkins before.

3. jedimaster, what an interesting thread. :nuts:

1. contemporary and modern awards go to
    - parchemin
    - Gris T
    - Etoupe
    - Poussiere
    - Beige
    - Poudre

2. most vintage and traditional awards go to
    - Black
    - Orange
    - Rouge H
    - Miel
    - Gold
    - Blue Jean

^^ Most of these are H's evergreen house colours

4. Interesting thread! This one's easy for me.

Traditional: Natural barenia, Vache naturelle
    Modern: Everything else

:P

5. what a great thread! I would just add cyclamin to the "modern" category and add marron fonce to the classic color list....

6. I forgot to mention, raisin is very contemporary too.

PS - by traditional or "old fashioned" I didnt mean anything pejorative at all - I think of modern and traditional as each being good - and even better when they merge, as Charmed05 suggested in the case of gold.

7. I think of Braise as contemporary.......get back to you on traditional.

8. I would add Graphite and Ardoise to the contemporary colors.

I also think Palladium looks more contemporary, while Gold seems more traditional or "vintage".

9. I pretty much agree with your choices Jedi. While I acknowledge orange and BJ as house staples I still think of them as contemporary colours.

Raisin too.

10. You took the words right out of my mouth! Although I would add black to the traditional category.

11. love this thread!

gold, black, brown, rouge hermes seem classic/vintage
    etoupe, parchemin, poussiere seem more edgy contemporary
    vert anis, raisin, blue jean, orange seem more "new Hermes" as opposed to the historic Hermes --if this makes sense

12. agree and add Graphite and the new blue prusse(sp) to the contemporary.

13. ITA! :yes:

14. 1. Which color in a birkin strikes you as the MOST contemporary or modern?

White.

2. Which color in a birkin strikes you as the MOST vintage looking, traditional, or old fashioned?

Natural barenia.

15. Contemporary/Modern....any color with palladium hardware

Vintage/Traditional/Classic...any color with gold hardware