In what order do you heat stamp your initials when monogramming?

woodscape6

Jan 16, 2013
I am interested in getting something heat stamped with my initials. I alway thought your last name was the middle initial and your first is the first initial and the last letter is your middle name. Is that how everyone on tpf does it when heat stamping their bag or luggage tag, etc...:confused1:

Last edited:
To do my initials for something like heatstamping I just do it in the order of my names: first initial = first name, second = middle name, third = last name. My monogram with my husband, lke for our wedding, was with our last name initial in the center and our two first initials on the side.

First middle last, for me that means first name, maiden name then married name. Many women even though they are married use first name, middle name, then married name. I always wondered which is "proper".

I grew up partially in the southeast, and there, it seems women keep their maiden names as their middle name. Now I am in California, and see many women that lose the maiden name entirely.

First middle last, for me that means first name, maiden name then married name. Many women even though they are married use first name, middle name, then married name. I always wondered which is "proper".

I grew up partially in the southeast, and there, it seems women keep their maiden names as their middle name. Now I am in California, and see many women that lose the maiden name entirely.
I moved my maiden name to my middle name also...love it! Hubby wasn't too keen on hyphenated so still got my maiden in there, so I am the same.

Me too! I didn't change my name but I still like to include my married name so I use my maiden as my middle.

Ditto!
I kept my maiden name too and used it as my middle initial :biggrin:

I use first, middle (which is my maiden name) then last
I also use my first initial by itself on my keybell!

I never thought about doing anything other than in the actual order of my names. I have two middle names though so I only ever do first and last initials since four isn't an option. You can do it whatever way you like though!