In Today, Out Tomorrow

1. There's a lot of money riding on your shoulder (or the crook of your arm). Which bags do you consider timeless, and which ones do you think will be outdated within a year or two?

2. Timeless:
    Hermes - all bags
    Gucci - Jackie O bag
    Judith Lieber - all evening bags
    Chanel - classic flap bag
    Bottega Veneta - ball bag
    Prada - daino zip top hobo
    Ferragamo - Marissa bag
    Fendi - zucchino mama baguette
    LV - mono Speedy, BH, BV

outdated in a year or two:
    Chloe Paddington and Edith
    most Coach bags
    hopefully not the Fendi Spy ... too soon to tell if it's going to be timeless

3. all hermes bags I own I think will be timeless.. my gucci tote, ferragamo red bag, and several more...... oh yeah, my Edith...

4. Adding ones I haven't seen on the list yet

Timeless:
    Marc Jacobs Stella, Sophia, Blake, Venetia

More Trendy:
    Botkier & Kooba bags
    Marc Jacobs Stam

Not that this is a value judgement. I think it's important to have a mix of timeless and trendy in one's collection. Also with the speed at which designers bring back styles (witness Marc Jacobs showing grunge this Fall a scant 13 years after he first introuced it) you can put those trendy bags in storage for a little while and then pull them out as "fresh" all over again!

5. Yup, what they said - sad but true. ;)

Cx

6. oooh great thread! :smile:

7. Timeless: Hermes (Birkin/Kelly), Chanel flap (2.55)

Gone tomorrow: pretty much everything else, although I think the major design houses will stay and come up with new designs periodically

8. Alot of LVs are already considered timeless....and although I dont get the Hermes bags at all...they also will be timeless b/c it is the mostly this same one design that is boxy with a clasp...:yes: Also the Balenciga bags seems to be like it can qualify too b/c of its simple design...:smile:

9. You think the Paddy? I don't own one, because I can't imagine using it much. But I love it! If you are right, maybe I can pick one up on the secondary market some day, and it won't matter if I use it much... :graucho:

10. The Paddington will? Hmmm...it looks so nice and is conservative enough to stay in style. I think that if they made it out of non-distressed leather (so that it becomes more rigid) it can be in style a lot longer.

11. I agree for the most part...very few timeless bags, I might include LV as well as the bags do not go on sale and are generally repeated across seasons...

12. I think different colours will be hot at different times. Now I see grey as the fresh colour for fall, so chocolate, cognac, beige, and cream might be seen as dated in a year or 2.

13. Timeless:
    All Hermes classic bags (Kelly, Birkin, etc..)
    YSL Muse
    Chanel classic flap bags
    LV Epi Alma

outdated:
    Chloè paddington
    most Gucci, Fendi, LV monogram bags

14. I agree botkier and kooba will not be sadly, Chanel, Hermes, Vuitton and Fendi (hopefully the Spy) will stay timeles..
    What about the YSL Muse though? I am hoping it stays timeless.. and Balenciaga too..

15. not to be the naysayer, which I am alot, but I hope that brands like Botkier or Kooba can rise to the level of an "American Classic". It's time to build some new brands. would be great to see

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice