In the style of the Hermes Sac Mallette?


Jun 13, 2008
I'm interested in finding a vintage purse of the Mallette style, but I'm stumped as to how to term it. It's not quite a train case or a vanity case ... and if you call it Mallette style, you get a lot of Hermes (which I would love, but right now I'm more in the budgetary territory that you get if you take the Hermes and drop a zero). So if you guys could suggest the right terminology, or even point me towards a specific brand or bag, I'd be eternally grateful!

P.S. - Just a brief description to go with the images I'm attaching - basically a vintage purse with a frame, sort of like a doctor's bag, with a hinged section on the bottom, typically used for jewelry. Thanks!