in tears :(

thanks everyone....no i couldnt save any of him....it is my fault....the box was where my son could reach it but i never thought he would have any interest in it....my mistake....and we have carpet upstairs so it was impossible to get any ashes back once he spilled the water on them...it wasnt his fault ,,,he is just a baby,,,but i am still so sad...i cremated max so i could have his ashes...i feel like i betrayed him in a way...and guilty...

^^ i'm soooooooooooooo sorry sweetie, i'd be devastated too :cry:...please try not to blame yourself either for what happened...i'm sure max would be sad if he thought that he made you sad...and there's no reason for you to feel any guilt over it...little max doesn't know anything about his ashes...he just knows that his mommy loved & adored him while he was here on earth...i'm sending lots of big hugs your way :hugs:

thanks everyone....no i couldnt save any of him....it is my fault....the box was where my son could reach it but i never thought he would have any interest in it....my mistake....and we have carpet upstairs so it was impossible to get any ashes back once he spilled the water on them...it wasnt his fault ,,,he is just a baby,,,but i am still so sad...i cremated max so i could have his ashes...i feel like i betrayed him in a way...and guilty...

im sure max would be the first to forgive you and your boy. im sorry this happened to you though :hugs:

you guys are so sweet...i am so happy i have all of you on this great forum...only other animal lovers can undersatnd how i feel....big hugs to you for all your sweet words...

Oh, I am so sorry! Everyone else has said so many kind things. I agree with them all.

Um, also: Do you still have his collar?

Maybe you could make a donation in his name to an animal shelter.

no i dont have the collar.....i dont know if they cremated it too or what....coco's i have from the vet when we put her down...when they came to pick up max i was so upset that i didnt even think to remove his collar...i just assumed later that they would give it to me....i am guessing that it went with his body....and perhaps it got creamated too..
and i couldnt salvage any ashes ..they were all wet...the weird thning is where my son spilled the water over his ashes there is now a black spot in the carpet...i am guessing that some of the ashes absorbed into the carpet???

^ wow that is weird....maybe i'm weird for thinking this but then at least he's apart of your house forever? or you can take that part of the carpet and bury it in your backyard or something. I'm sure he wouldn't want you to be sad because of him any longer...sending hugs to you....