In store "etiquette"

Joshawaa

Nov 16, 2009
Ok now I know this question probably will sound silly but I'm afraid of my closest LV store (the dreaded Yorkdale mall). Now my question pertains to scarves, stoles, shawls whatever you wish to call them.

They are always folded neatly into squares and stacked atop each other (as you would have seen by now :P). Do you have to ask to look at one or do you just kind of look for yourself? And trying them on I presume is fine right? I don't want to buy something that doesn't look good on me ;)

I dont think you have to ask to try it on. it is there for you to try it on and see if would fancy you ;) if you really want it then a SA would gladly help you. most of the times a SA will follow you if you tell them you want to try something on. go for it! ;)

I dont think you have to ask to try it on. it is there for you to try it on and see if would fancy you ;) if you really want it then a SA would gladly help you. most of the times a SA will follow you if you tell them you want to try something on. go for it! ;)

Thank you so much :smile:
I'm in no bit joking when I say im afraid of that store, the SA's are rude enough as is let alone my age :P

lol.. this brings back funny memories when I went into the boutique last June to get my speedy. I went and picked up the speedy and started trying it on. The next thing I knew security came and told me I have to wait for a SA.. That was hilarious...

So maybe you should ask to a SA to get it for you but you can try it on I'm sure..

Have fun at the boutique.

lol.. this brings back funny memories when I went into the boutique last June to get my speedy. I went and picked up the speedy and started trying it on. The next thing I knew security came and told me I have to wait for a SA.. That was hilarious...

So maybe you should ask to a SA to get it for you but you can try it on I'm sure..

I remember one time there was this Asian family and they all crowded around behind the counters and grabbed whatever they wanted and the SA's and security guards had to tell them to stop at least 6 times. They were pissed and I was just holding back laughing :roflmfao:

I remember one time there was this Asian family and they all crowded around behind the counters and grabbed whatever they wanted and the SA's and security guards had to tell them to stop at least 6 times. They were pissed and I was just holding back laughing :roflmfao:

lol... Yup that was me minus not listening the first time.. My DH & I looked at each other and started laughing.. Yikes..

I guess it depends on the store... the ones I've been to... people just walk around the store trying on whichever purse they please, heh.

I guess it depends on the store... the ones I've been to... people just walk around the store trying on whichever purse they please, heh.

I do agree with Chocolux. It really depends on the store. I went to the Collins St store in Melbourne and the SA there were not happy if customers trying the bags on display without their present. Whereas the one in Chadstone, the SA told me to feel free to browse around and try any bag I wanted. Just let them know when I need them.

I usually wait to be helped when I want to see a bag that is on display or behind the counter (and of course, the things I cannot see or in the locked cases.) But if the item is displayed in area that is accessable and the SA are busy, I do pick them up and try them on. I don't walk far from where they came from and I put them back right away. I was never stopped by any security or SA. Besides, I liked to be waited on... hey, for the price I pay, I like a little attention.

If the scarves and bandeaus are out on an open shelf, I'd feel free to handle them. The store I usually go to has drawers with the majority of the scarves inside and most of the SAs seem to prefer to "control" them. Once I've asked to see a certain scarf or bandeau I'll throw it on or onto my sister and the good SAs will grab a bag if I'm interested in seeing it on one, too.

It's a bit funny, since at Hermes they seem to be much less controlling - they'll let you look through drawers and expect you to try on the silks. They'll often pull out a few and have them all over the counter for comparison as well as help you tie them, which is the way I like it!

In my nearest store someone always asks if I need help, before I get a chance to try anything on. They are there to be tried on though, so as long as you're careful with them just go for it!

I go to the Yorkdale one and I don't touch anything without asking (but I'm new to LV) - I do see people touching and trying on things but I always assume they are 'known' customers that the SAs trust to wander around alone.

Ok now I know this question probably will sound silly but I'm afraid of my closest LV store (the dreaded Yorkdale mall). Now my question pertains to scarves, stoles, shawls whatever you wish to call them.

They are always folded neatly into squares and stacked atop each other (as you would have seen by now :P). Do you have to ask to look at one or do you just kind of look for yourself? And trying them on I presume is fine right? I don't want to buy something that doesn't look good on me ;)

I would get a SA to help you with it. I would never take anything myself without an assistance in such stores. Once the SA has taken out those shawls you are in interested in, it's ok to try them on. The SA will also guide you how to wear them and also might give her/his opinion about the color design etc. GL.

I was in Amsterdam last week to buy shoes and i went to LV ao. I asked for the price on a couple of mocassins. She asked me what size i was and went and got the shoes for me. I tried them on, and there was one pair I sort of liked and only when i asked again she told me what they cost. They weren't as expensive as i expected, but still it would have been very embarrassing when i wanted to buy them and then discovered they were out of my league. Overall the SA was very friendly and she didn't push me but still i would like to know how much i will be spending when considering a purchase.

The SA's at LV are probably so used to people that don't really care how much an item is when they buy it, that they forgot there are regular people like you and me that have a budget to keep...:nuts::biggrin: