In Search of the Perfect White Blazer

shiuri

Aug 29, 2008
Hi everyone,

I could really use some help. I'm searching for a white blazer and it's been tough and challenging. I'm hoping to find one to wear over my spring and summer dresses and perhaps over graphic tees with jeans. I don't really like the boyfriend style blazers, at least I don't like how they look on me. I'm a short gal and the boyfriend blazers just swallow me up. I would prefer a fitted, tailored look. I've been into many stores over the past weekend just trying blazers...they're everywhere! But none that I liked. Please help! Suggestions, recommendations, please share!

Could you describe the shape that you're looking for? Fitted? Cropped? Short sleeved? Single button? Double-breasted? There's a million blazer styles other than boyfriend.

I like more fitted and waist-length ones on me because otherwise I feel like I'm either wearing a costume to a 1990's-theme party or stole it from my mom. Not that there is anything wrong with what my mom wears, but I'm not my mom.

Shoulderache - Good point! I wouldn't want to wear a blazer like my mom's either. =D

I guess it would be more helpful if I provided more details! Hehe! I would prefer a blazer that is fitted, cropped -- hit at waist, more than one button (I'm busty), single breasted, and as for the sleeves, I don't mind if it's short, 3/4 or long. =)

Facemirea -- Thanks for the suggestion! It is cute!

Not sure how much you want to spend, but I would highly recommend Nanette Lepore. Her jackets are well-tailored and fitted.

NL Carefree jacket - http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446257023&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=282574491979183&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474395222441&bmUID=1269041380044&ev19=2:35

0414042459038R__ASTL_300x400.jpg

I also like this Juicy jacket... but it's a wool blend, so not sure if it's suited for summer. You can definitely wear it for Spring though. http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/64028
64028_fr_l.jpg

Bump! Any suggestions for a white blazer similar to the one Tina Fey is wearing in these photos? I'm hoping to keep the cost under $150, so it doesn't have to be the actual one.

Attachments

• 37tina.jpg
    37tina.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 92
  • tina-fey-and-madison-marcus-striped-top-gallery.jpg
    tina-fey-and-madison-marcus-striped-top-gallery.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 168