In search of the perfect blue...

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
    I really want a blue birkin..........I find blue jean too bright even though it is a stunning look. I am looking at Blue de Prusse, Blue Abyss, and Indigo. I love blue brighton but they dont seem to make it anymore. Anything I am missing? Is it me or do blue de prusse and blue abyss look alike?

2. i have been obsessing over blues also-my photos in the reference thread can attest to that. i think you are right in noticing the similarity between blue abyss and blue de prusse. i have a blue de prusse kelly and will likely bring it in to h to compare to the swatch for blue abyss-but not for a little bit. can't tempt myself right now;) blue brighton is quite nice, has more of a fashion edge than indigo or blue de prusse. if you want classic i would lean toward the other darker blues. i just love, love, love blues! any and all of them.

3. i wonder what the difference is between the two B de P and Bleu Abyss?

4. Not sure if they still make Thalassa Blue, I keep seeing items in it but haven't seen a bag for awhile.
    Here is my Birkin in Thalassa Blue Chamonix, the first picture without the flash is a more true reflection of the real colour

Attached Files:

5. #5 Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2009

wow:nuts: its deeper than blue jean...i like that

6. Yes thats why I bought it, I prefer it to Blue Jean but it still works as quite a good neutral.

7. thalassa is a beauty also- my pup sits in my thalassa clemence 35 birkin in my avatar- i have seen thalassa in tadelakt lately.
    by the way he was not happy!

8. once i do the comparison i will certainly report back- i will do that probably the 24th/25th of this month!

9. I love Thalassa blue and I have a 40 HAC in Clemence. I don't see it very often, perhaps in a Kelly once in a while.

I have to agree that BdP and Bleu Abysse seem very similar.

I adore Indigo, but realize that it is very dark and is not for everyone. I think it is an incredibly sophisticated shade that is almost black.

10. I recently saw a "L" stamp 35cm Thalassa Blue Birkin in Epsom at my local H store but it was sold promptly after that sighting.

11. I have indigo and that is very dark but I love it! I have had brighton which is nice but my fav is bleu de prusse! Gorgeous color IMO!!

12. i have an indigo in VL and the color is lighter as compared to togo. Its very pretty, changes colors outside and inside the house

13. I do think BdP and Bleu Abysse look alike, but I've only seen Abysse is swatches in not on a bag. I really like the look of BdP - it's my favorite blue

14. Ms Birkin, the Thalassa Blue is stunning! :nuts:

15. Can you tell I adore Blue de Prusse?

[​IMG]

Attached Files: