In search for the Light-est

wishgirl

Jan 11, 2014
I am sure this question has been asked before. You know how LV disclosed the bag dimension (height, width, depth, etc) I think it would be helpful to me if they disclose the weight of the bag, as in my opinion it is very relevant. Since they don't disclose the weight, I need your help on finding out which bag is the lightest. Among the bags I have, I find the Speedy, Petite Noe, Cabas Piano are the lighter bag in my collection. I don't have the Delightful so I don't know.
If you list 4 lightest bags you have and rank them #1 is lightest and so on. TIA!

I am sure this question has been asked before. You know how LV disclosed the bag dimension (height, width, depth, etc) I think it would be helpful to me if they disclose the weight of the bag, as in my opinion it is very relevant. Since they don't disclose the weight, I need your help on finding out which bag is the lightest. Among the bags I have, I find the Speedy, Petite Noe, Cabas Piano are the lighter bag in my collection. I don't have the Delightful so I don't know.
If you list 4 lightest bags you have and rank them #1 is lightest and so on. TIA!

Great thread q, I agree about disclosing the weight - the older we get, the lighter the bags that we wanna carry.

I have similar bags to you, except mines Noe GM, Cabas Mezzo, Cabas Alto (love the space in the cabases though it encourages me to throw more in, and then the weight builds up, and yet I prefer spacious roomy bags).

That's why all leather bags are probably a non no for me, on account of wrist/shoulders being weighed down.

How much do you carry? I think often time we complain that certain bags are heavy but the bag itself is not heavy. It's what you put into it that makes it heavy. The speedy, NF are some of the lightest bags but a lot of them become so heavy with all the stuff carried.

How much do you carry? I think often time we complain that certain bags are heavy but the bag itself is not heavy. It's what you put into it that makes it heavy. The speedy, NF are some of the lightest bags but a lot of them become so heavy with all the stuff carried.
I don't carry much just my phone, zippy coin purse Graphite, Mini Pochette, small planner sunglasses. I am comparing the weight of the bag (before stuff are placed in it). I understand what you put in your bag adds to it. I'm concerned because I have a bad shoulder. So I plan very carefully what I put in my purse. (only stuff i Need).

Here is a picture of what I put in my purse. It's pretty light, but I'm always obsessed about how I can make it even lighter.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 304
I hate heavy bags!! I usually try them on at the boutique--it's a deal breaker if they're heavy while empty.
Usually the more leather and hardware the bag has the heavier it is. Also, some linings can add weight. I tend to gravitate towards canvas due to back and shoulder issues!

My lightest bags/comfiest to carry are: (not counting Eva's or pochettes)

NF MM
Delightful
Galliera PM
Mono Noe GM

I agree with the Delightful - my PM is often STUFFED and I still find it quite comfortable to carry!

I have a crossbody strap on it as well, and when it's on the longer strap, I barely feel it. The light bags are great to have, especially if you have a lot of "essentials" like me! :smile:

Hopefully LV doesn't see this thread and use it as an excuse to skimp even more on canvas lol Newer bags are already being made thinner and thinner it seems.

To answer your question

Eva
Speedy 30
NF GM
Tivoli GM