In Search for 12C Yellow M/L in California!!

LVDragon07

Trevor
May 18, 2011
Hello fellow TPFers,

I am currently in search of a 12C Yellow M/L in California preferably Chanel Boutiques because I would like to exchange a recent purchase for the yellow along with a Chanel Gift Card from the boutique.

I don't think I can do this with Saks, Neimans or Bloomies.

But if anyone comes across one please let me know :smile:
I prefer the boutiques but if the dept. stores are my only hope then I will
go down that route and pay and keep my recent purchase or something:P

Also I prefer stores only in California for now....... :hbeat:

Hello fellow TPFers,

I am currently in search of a 12C Yellow M/L in California preferably Chanel Boutiques because I would like to exchange a recent purchase for the yellow along with a Chanel Gift Card from the boutique.

Aw good luck.. I have one on hold for me at a dept store but not in CA. If you are still interested and serious about buying let me know.

Hello fellow TPFers,

I went into the Chanel Boutique in SF Union Square yesterday and asked if they had the yellow lamb jumbo but they said they didn't order yellow. I'm not sure if they didn't order the yellow just in jumbos or in any sizes. However, I saw some wallets in yellow lamb though.

Hello fellow TPFers,

^ You better hurry. The return policy is within 14 days. Try calling the Chanel 1-800# & see if they can locate one for you. Ask to have it shipped to your local store if you want to examine it before the exchange.

But why don't you just return instead of exchange? I'd much prefer to get the $$$ back & keep my options open to other venues outside of boutiques in CA. You can also sell your gift card & use the $$$ if you're able to find the bag at the dept stores.

^ You better hurry. The return policy is within 14 days. Try calling the Chanel 1-800# & see if they can locate one for you. Ask to have it shipped to your local store if you want to examine it before the exchange.

But why don't you just return instead of exchange? I'd much prefer to get the $$$ back & keep my options open to other venues outside of boutiques in CA. You can also sell your gift card & use the $$$ if you're able to find the bag at the dept stores.

I got the bag this past Friday so hopefully I can get the flap in time.
I shall try calling Chanel number, thanks for the idea. Totally blew my mind.

I should probably just exchange it so I have plenty of time. I would love the cash back but my SA said I won't get the money for 6-8 wks or more :sad: so I am unsure. SA also said I could return it for store credit or put it on a gift card.
How can sell my gift card? Sorry if that is a dumb question :P

Aw good luck.. I have one on hold for me at a dept store but not in CA. If you are still interested and serious about buying let me know.

Aww thank you hun :hbeat: your so sweet. Thanks for the offer but I have to figure out if I can return the bag and get my money back sooner but my SA said I would have to wait 6-8 wks or more :sad:

I went into the Chanel Boutique in SF Union Square yesterday and asked if they had the yellow lamb jumbo but they said they didn't order yellow. I'm not sure if they didn't order the yellow just in jumbos or in any sizes. However, I saw some wallets in yellow lamb though.

Hmmm that's odd. My SA had me first on the list to get it the minute it arrived but for some reason another SA sold it just because my SA was off the day it arrived :sad:

I got the bag this past Friday so hopefully I can get the flap in time.
I shall try calling Chanel number, thanks for the idea. Totally blew my mind.

I should probably just exchange it so I have plenty of time. I would love the cash back but my SA said I won't get the money for 6-8 wks or more :sad: so I am unsure. SA also said I could return it for store credit or put it on a gift card.
How can sell my gift card? Sorry if that is a dumb question :P

^ I misunderstood. I thought you just purchased something & had a balance on a gift card that you wanted to get rid of. FYI: You can sell your gift cards online. There are companies that buy & sell gift cards. The only thing is, you'll lose a bit of $$$. But if it's from a store you don't shop at or can't find anything, it's worth a try. Just a thought in case you need the $$$.

If you just got the bag, then just return it & start over. I would NOT get a store credit or a gift card if you can get your $$$ back (even if it's in the form of a check). That's too much commitment/pressure to have to come back to the store & buy something from them. You want to keep your options open.

Did you pay with cash/check & that's why it's the 6-8 week wait? I guess they have to say 6-8 weeks just in case something comes up, but it normally takes about 2 weeks to get a refund check ----I've heard as early as 5 business days from my friends.

^ I misunderstood. I thought you just purchased something & had a balance on a gift card that you wanted to get rid of. FYI: You can sell your gift cards online. There are companies that buy & sell gift cards. The only thing is, you'll lose a bit of $$$. But if it's from a store you don't shop at or can't find anything, it's worth a try. Just a thought in case you need the $$$.

If you just got the bag, then just return it & start over. I would NOT get a store credit or a gift card if you can get your $$$ back (even if it's in the form of a check). That's too much commitment/pressure to have to come back to the store & buy something from them. You want to keep your options open.

Did you pay with cash/check & that's why it's the 6-8 week wait? I guess they have to say 6-8 weeks just in case something comes up, but it normally takes about 2 weeks to get a refund check ----I've heard as early as 5 business days from my friends.

Thanks for the gift card selling online info, it will come in handy in the future!! :graucho:
I actually don't mind dealing with the Chanel Boutique I got the bag from since the SA is a great friend and I always buy from her and would like her to get the comission.

I know I should keep my options open and all. I got a call from another SA from Saks that said they got one but then sold it :sad: and said they could order one for me. Maybe I should go down that route.

If I do, now I am stuck waiting for the 6-8wks or 2wks. I will see. Hmmm...
Yeah I did pay with cash.

So basically this is what happened:
I bought the 12C Lavender M/L with cash and took it home to compare it with my bags and see how it would fit in my collection and I didn't love/crazy about it.
So the next next day, I went to the boutique when my SA was there (could do it the next day of when I got the lavender since she had the day off) and told her I wanted to return the bag and get my cash back. She checked with the manager and said it would take 6-8wks. I thought that was too long and my bf doesn't want to wait that long and said I might as well get something else.
So I looked around the boutique for something and spotted the 12C Sequins Gold Flap (size of a mini) and took a look at it. I loved it but wasn't too crazy. Then I heard from another fellow SA that they had the yellow M/L in and so they went and looked for it.
Then walked in a SA whom said they sold it to another person on the waitlist.
I was disappointed, especially since I was first on the list but since my SA wasn't there on the day they got it so they figured SA isn't here and neither is the client, move on.
:sad:
So I was hoping to get the yellow the minute they mention it but seeing what my options were I went ahead and got the sequins gold flap.
I bought it to fill the no yellow M/L flap. My bf wanted to cheer me up and told me to get the sequins and try it out.
I did and my heart doesn't sing for it like it does for the yellow.
"Yellow M/L flap......... where can you be???" :lol: ha ha
Anyways, I paid $4200 for the lavendar I returned and got the sequins for $3600 and what was left from the lavender flap the SA placed it on a gift card.
So if the boutique gets the yellow M/L in I will exchange the sequins for the yellow M/L and what is on the gift card use that too.

So that's my story.
So sorry its long but I wanted to be thorough. Thanks for the help and advise!! :hbeat:

Thanks for the gift card selling online info, it will come in handy in the future!! :graucho:
I actually don't mind dealing with the Chanel Boutique I got the bag from since the SA is a great friend and I always buy from her and would like her to get the comission.

I know I should keep my options open and all. I got a call from another SA from Saks that said they got one but then sold it :sad: and said they could order one for me. Maybe I should go down that route.

If I do, now I am stuck waiting for the 6-8wks or 2wks. I will see. Hmmm...
Yeah I did pay with cash.

So basically this is what happened:
I bought the 12C Lavender M/L with cash and took it home to compare it with my bags and see how it would fit in my collection and I didn't love/crazy about it.
So the next next day, I went to the boutique when my SA was there (could do it the next day of when I got the lavender since she had the day off) and told her I wanted to return the bag and get my cash back. She checked with the manager and said it would take 6-8wks. I thought that was too long and my bf doesn't want to wait that long and said I might as well get something else.
So I looked around the boutique for something and spotted the 12C Sequins Gold Flap (size of a mini) and took a look at it. I loved it but wasn't too crazy. Then I heard from another fellow SA that they had the yellow M/L in and so they went and looked for it.
Then walked in a SA whom said they sold it to another person on the waitlist.
I was disappointed, especially since I was first on the list but since my SA wasn't there on the day they got it so they figured SA isn't here and neither is the client, move on.
:sad:
So I was hoping to get the yellow the minute they mention it but seeing what my options were I went ahead and got the sequins gold flap.
I bought it to fill the no yellow M/L flap. My bf wanted to cheer me up and told me to get the sequins and try it out.
I did and my heart doesn't sing for it like it does for the yellow.
"Yellow M/L flap......... where can you be???" :lol: ha ha
Anyways, I paid $4200 for the lavendar I returned and got the sequins for $3600 and what was left from the lavender flap the SA placed it on a gift card.
So if the boutique gets the yellow M/L in I will exchange the sequins for the yellow M/L and what is on the gift card use that too.

So that's my story.
So sorry its long but I wanted to be thorough. Thanks for the help and advise!! :hbeat:

Jonathan from Saks Atlanta has the yellow in M/L if you are still looking for one. Just received his email few minutes ago. $3900 but price is going to increase soon.