in real life do you know people who share your passion for handbags?

Unfortunately, no. Most of my friend can't believe how many bags and shoes i have.:crybaby:Some times i feel abit embarassed, they say i could use the money for other important things:s. But i find being in TPF helps, i'm not the only one here.

Other important things???! What's more important than a new bag? Hey, I may end up being poor and a bag lady, but at least I'll be the best dressed bag lady in town! :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

nope. It's sort of my own privage thing that I enjoy. Most people I know would freak if they knew how much I'd be willing to spend on a nice bag, which really isn't even much when you compare it to what some others will. But hey, my brother was one of the first ones to get a PS3 so I guess we all have our "thing" we're into. I sure could care less about having one of those things or that huge TV he has.

Not a one! It was lovely to meet with other tPFers at the NM trunk show recently, because they are the only ones that "understand" this attraction. It would be nice to have a shopping buddy to :drool: over new bags with, but alas, all of my friends think I am absolutely nutty.

Me too! My friends think that I am so shallow when I talk about bags...but it is fun too be a bit shallow at times! I really can't explain my bag addiction at all because I'm really not that extravagant in any other part of my life (well except shoes maybe).
That is why I appreciate all my pf bag buddies so much! I don't have to hide my bag obsession and everyone is in the same boat!

My husband reacts to technology (computers, tvs, etc) as I do with handbags. When he walks into the Apple store he drools. When I walk into Chanel or MJ I drool. But sadly, I do not know anyone who loves handbags as much as I do.

I have a friend who likes handbags but not nearly as much as me. We enjoy going shopping and just looking at bags. I always tell her when I find a gorgeous bag and I know she is the only person that will appreciate it. Well, that was until I joined TPF. The people here are so wonderful and everyone is happy when another scores a great purchase.

Yep! Maxaluna, thank goodness.......................and to some degree my sister who lives in LA, but she's more into Chloe and Balenciaga (which i love too)
but my main joy is tPF, where i feel at home and like my obsession is quite normal, kinda like the way those champion food eaters who eat 63 hotdogs in 2 minutes would feel on a foodie forum LOL

Unfortunately don't know anyone IRL. I am so thankful to have joined tPF which is such a positive community (if not for my wallet, then at least for the US's economy :P). Can't wait to hopefully meet some of y'all at a tPF get together!

I do have a few friends back home in DC that share the obsession, but none in FL yet that can appreciate an expensive bag. Most of them have no idea what bag it is or who it's by, which I kind of like. Whenever I buy any bags/shoes and my bf finds out it was expensive he gives me a lecture :lecture: on how I should be managing my money and spending it on more important things! It's my money and I worked hard for it so I will spend it how I want! :smartass:

Wow! Thanks! I thought I was the only one who couldn't sleep at night obsessing over a bag! So nice to feel you're not alone......hmmm?

Ok to PM me at 3 am and we can discuss which one we are losing sleep over..:P

OMG, I KNOW...

(i barely found this thread again, sorry for the later reply, lol)

i am very comforted at the thought, actually :yes: -and i HAVE been up pm-ing some gals (AHEM, Morgan!!) on purses which i am loosing sleep over -glad I know of one more...!

No one indulges my passion for bags but at least my family has finally learned to appreciate it. They would rather me save that money and put it toward something more practical, like a down payment on a house (Heck if I sold all my bags I'd have the down payment!), but the lectures have stopped. My Mom actually brings her friends over to see my collection! :biggrin:

Everyone has their thing. Can I get off-topic for a bit and ask you shoe ladies if there is really a huge difference in comfort (especially) and craftmanship between a lower-end price shoe and a higher-end? I have never put a foot into a Manolo or Louboutin (or Chanel for that matter) and while I hesitate to go down that abyss, wonder if my feet are missing out! I get a cheap thrill from the wedge sandals at Target!!

^^^ roey! don't feel bad -i can't advise you on this that well, i only own my one pair of chanel cambon flats, which i LOVE, BUT... i too love cheap (BUT CUTE) shoes from target, etc. :smile:

there's apart of me that can't get w/ spending upwards of 1000$ on something that is on your feet, and will get sweaty on the inside, and dirty on the outside! -so i get where you are coming from :smile:

p.s. your mom is too cute