In need of super-hydrating/ultra rich facial moisturizer

vhdos

May 18, 2007
It seems as though the skin below my nose/above my upper lip is always dry. Sort of like chapped lips, but goes beyond that. I use Obagi skin care and a prescription retina-a, so I know that those types of products can be drying (but I need them for anti-aging). Can someone recommend a super-hydrating/ultra-rich facial moisturizer?

Last edited:
I've been using Fresh's Seaberry Moisturizing Oil and Ole Henrickson's Pure Perfection and I'm literally having the 1st winter I can remember without dry skin.
The oil isn't oily, it's almost like a dry oil, it's absorbed into my skin immediately w/ zero residue. I can't explain it, it's just gone.

The Ole Henrickson has been fantastic but has glycolic and lactic acids in it so probably isn't right for you. I do HIGHLY recommend the Fresh oil though. Can't say enough about it.

Look into Caudalie Vinosource Intense Moisture Rescue Cream, it's actually what I went to Sephora to buy but left w/ Ole Henrickson instead because I needed the acids.

I also think Aquaphor is magical in small areas like that :biggrin:

Its on the pricy side but I keep a jar of Sisley Creme Reparatrice around for this purpose. Its rich, thick and deeply moisturizing. I use it to supplement my regular moisturizer on days when my skin is very dry, irritated, etc... I have used this for close to 20 years. great stuff that works.