In need of super-hydrating/ultra rich facial moisturizer

vhdos

May 18, 2007
US
It seems as though the skin below my nose/above my upper lip is always dry. Sort of like chapped lips, but goes beyond that. I use Obagi skin care and a prescription retina-a, so I know that those types of products can be drying (but I need them for anti-aging). Can someone recommend a super-hydrating/ultra-rich facial moisturizer?

Last edited:

vhdos

May 18, 2007
US
I've tried some oils before and although they work well to hydrate, they tend to cause minor break-outs if I use them repeatedly.

Cait

only once you live
Dec 11, 2005
Avene Extra Rich Compensating Cream or Cicalfate if it's... really burnt.

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
I've been using Fresh's Seaberry Moisturizing Oil and Ole Henrickson's Pure Perfection and I'm literally having the 1st winter I can remember without dry skin.
The oil isn't oily, it's almost like a dry oil, it's absorbed into my skin immediately w/ zero residue. I can't explain it, it's just gone.

The Ole Henrickson has been fantastic but has glycolic and lactic acids in it so probably isn't right for you. I do HIGHLY recommend the Fresh oil though. Can't say enough about it.

Look into Caudalie Vinosource Intense Moisture Rescue Cream, it's actually what I went to Sephora to buy but left w/ Ole Henrickson instead because I needed the acids.

I also think Aquaphor is magical in small areas like that :biggrin:

Jesssh

Jan 20, 2012
I use pur minerals moisture infusion (gel) with another moisturizer on top. It's a little sticky by itself. My face loves it!

sadiesthegirl

Jan 21, 2011
Maryland
Its on the pricy side but I keep a jar of Sisley Creme Reparatrice around for this purpose. Its rich, thick and deeply moisturizing. I use it to supplement my regular moisturizer on days when my skin is very dry, irritated, etc... I have used this for close to 20 years. great stuff that works.