In my search for authentic bags

catherap

Aug 16, 2009
I am new to The Purse Forum. I have a strong collection of designer bags in my private collection. I hope to continue building them. I need to learn more about what to look for to be sure the bag I am interested in is authentic. I want to learn this for myself rather than to depend on help from others. Are there any suggestions to help me acquire this information?
Thank you,
Catherap

Depending on the designer, you can click ont he "authenticate me" threads and post your questions or photos about a particular bag. You can also learn what to look for in an authentic bag on those threads, many of the ladies and fellas here are very knowledgeable. This is the relationship forum though, and I see you only have one post but we come to this section of the site to help others with friends, family, or significant other relationships. Feel free to explore the site. You will see tons of resources for all different interests!

In many of the indv designer sub-forums, there is a reference library, which can give you SOME information as to traits of fake and auth bags. However, please be aware that MOST of the ref libraries really DO NOT SPECIFY exactly what makes a fake a fake or an auth bag authentic. BECAUSE publicizing that type info could aid the people who produce fake bags and help them produce better fakes. And we don't want to do that.
SO.. still the very best source for authentications in the AUTH THIS thread in each sub-forum. As you go along, you will learn about the designers you are most interested in.
Welcome to tPF.

In my experience, another way to learn is to go into reputable boutiques/department stores to look at and feel several authentic items of whatever designer you are interested in... then when you come across a fake, you'll know immediately.

Also, it doesn't hurt to get a second opinion on a bag - which is why TPF is a wonderful resource, no matter how much you know about designer bags.