in memory of 'murphy brown' (the cat)

onegirlcreative

Daddy's Little Girl
Feb 11, 2008
my parents' cat, murphy brown, died yesterday at the age of 19—so she lived a long, full life. murphy peacefully died in her sleep yesterday. she was a chocolate burmese and the most beautiful and sweet little cat. she will surely be missed.

when i told my daughter, emma, she was very sad and upset. since we're going to see my parents in a few weeks, she was anxious to see murphy again.

as a memory to murphy, my daughter would like to contribute to this post. so below are her comments.

Murphy was my favorite cat ever. I even loved her more than my own cats. I have a webkinz cat named Murphy and from now on I'm going to sleep with it every night. In honor of her, I'm going to have a little funeral in my room with my parents and webkinz.:cry:

Murphy Brown sounds like an absolute treasure.

She must have loved you all and loved the life you gave her to have stayed around so long.

RIP Murphy Brown and :hugs: to you and emma, onegirl

Sounds like Murphy Brown was a much loved member of the family and lived a wonderful life ... a lucky girl indeed. May she rest in peace.
Big hugs to you and your darling daughter.

you guys are the sweetest. thank you so much for your wonderful thoughts and comments.

my daughter was very anxious to read what everybody wrote, so when she wakes up, i will definitely show it to her first thing.

thanks guys!

murphy brown RIP!!!! what a wonderful long life with a loving family....and OP your daughter has a heart of gold....

thanks, zoesma.

i knew she would be upset when i told her, but she just really started crying like it was our own cat. i felt awful and so sad for her. reminded me of me when i was her age.

heck, we recently spent $130 to bring her hamster into the emergency vet hospital (yes, a hamster) because he looked like he had a tumor growing on his arm and it was getting worse by the day. after we were given the antibiotics, it went down after 5 days and now he's doing very well. this was over a month ago. best $130 we ever spent.