In loving memory of my mother

Aug 21, 2007
I posted this story actually by accident in another thread and had no intention of sharing what ended up being my story of my MOM and of LV
So I thought it only fitting and proper that I share my story with it's own separate thread. So here it is and thank you for letting me share:heart:
I still have the newspaper that featured a huge article about the LV Neverfull. This paper is Canadian and dated approx June 2007 and the Neverfull had just newly been released. This is the first Louis Vuitton bag that I had seen.
Now around this same time one of my girlfriends in Mexico had just came back from a trip to New York, and she showed me a LV wallet that she got. Now I was not experienced at all with Louis Vuitton, real or fake, but did find out that this wallet that she got was indeed a knock off, but non the less I really really wanted one, so I started going on the internet and looking at different styles of wallets and I really am proud of myself that I spent so much time making sure to get the right one. So on August 11th 2007, I purchased my very first Louis Vuitton.... the beautiful and very usefull monogram zippy wallet. The one that I was shown at the boutique was made in Spain, but I made sure to muster up the courage to ask for one made in France:yahoo:I Love this wallet and have used it almost every single day since that first one.
Four days later on August 15th 2007 I went back and purchased my very first Louis Vuitton bag, my gorgeous Lockit, the regular sized one.She just turned one year old a couple weeks ago and is developing a nice patina.She was with me when my condo in Mexico had a flood and the bottom of her Vachetta has the battle scar to proove it.More importantly she was the very first bag to start my obsession with bags. A little prelude first so you can understand. My mother passed away on April 28th 2007 and one of her possessions that she left me was her purse, this is the one that she was using throughout part of her illness, and the last one that she carried (she was diagnosed with lung cancer and fought for almost four full years) now after she passed, I started to get into purses, both the Zippy wallet and the Lockit have combined initials(DATE CODES) that are/wore hers. Her maiden name initial and her first marriage initials are on the Lockit and her second and third marriages initials on the Lockit plus the number 16 part of the date code too, which I came to learn after her death, which was shown to me, had a huge significance after her passing.PRETTY BIZARE!
EVEN MORE BIZARE IS THE DAY THAT I DECIDED THAT I WANTED THE TREVI PM, WHEN I WENT TO LOOK AT IT THEY ONLY HAD THE ONE THERE ON DISPLAY, NOW WHEN I LOOKED TO SEE THE DATE CODE, I SWEAR THIS IS THE CODE THAT IS IN MY BAG TH 1078 ...this means it was manufactured the 17th week of April 2008 THIS DATE IS ALSO THE ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF MY MOTHERS PASSING. NOW I CARRY A PIECE OF PAPER WITH ME THAT HAS THE EXPLANATIONS OF DATE CODES AND I HAD PREVIOUSLY WROTE DOWN THE NUMBERS 1078 TO REPRESENT MY MOTHERS PASSING.THIS WAS WRITTEN DOWN ON THAT SAME PIECE OF PAPER WAY BEFORE THE DAY THAT I FOUND THAT TREVI PM.When I was first at the boutique,I asked the SA to look and see if they had any more Trevis in the back and while she went and looked, this is when I discovered the magic of it's date code.She came back with another one/non display and ASKED are you sure you wouldn't like this one instead, I was almost crying and when I told her about the date code and my mother and she was like dear, no this is the one you must have, I understand and here lets wrap this up really nice and careful. I love her for that, so gentle and she understood totally.SORRY TO GO ON SO LONG,BUT both the Zippy and the Lockit will have a special place in my heart understandably reading my story and plus being my first LV wallet and LV Bag, I don't see parting with them as something that I could do. Since then I have acquired the Speedy 30 in mono, the Speedy 25 in Damier Azur, the Popit scarf (not sure if that is it's correct name), the beautiful Trevi PM and my latest (get this) yes the very first Louis Vuitton I had seen, the great Neverfull GM, lol, lol

IN MEMORY OF MY MOTHER WHO PASSED 16 MONTH'S AGO TOMORROW AUGUST 28TH 2008

MOM I LOVE AND MISS YOU SO MUCH AND WILL NEVER FORGET YOU!:heart:

That is a very touching story. I definately relate to you. Whenever I hear the song when I call 1-866-vuitton and they put you on hold that song reminds me when I was up in New york visiting my dad sick in the hospital. It makes me sad everytime I call them still

Thank you for sharing this, touching story. A lot of people think bags are just..bags, material things. This shows us that bags are more then that! And these bags where just meant to be yours! Enjoy them :hugs:

I really appreciate you sharing your story with us. I truly believe that datecode was a little "Hi, you're doing the right thing and I'm okay", from your Mom. My dad (passed away Dec. 86) sends me messages when I need them. Some might say I'm crazy, but I just KNOW. Enjoy your bag.:heart:

I'm really sorry for your loss. I love that your bags have a sentimental attachment to them, especially since they were not intentional. Thank you for sharing.

I read your heartfelt story and sorry to hear of your loss. It's amazing how 2 LV items found their way to you and how the datecodes are so significant to your mom. Thank you for sharing your touching story with us!

Oh, the tears are running down my face, for my own mother has been ill and I totally understand how devastating it is to lose a parent since my father's passing. You were meant to have the bag and each time you carry it, you will be reminded even further of the love between you and your Mom and how precious a mother-daugher love is.