In Living Color

1. Remember that show?

Homie D. Clown?
    Fire Marshall Santa?
    Men On Film?

I was in sixth grade when I started watching it. (It seemed like everyone else in my class watched it, so I wanted to as well. I didn't get most of the jokes, but some of it I found really funny.)

Looking back on it, watching the Men On Film skits, I understand the jokes and I find it that much more humorous.

It launched the careers of Jim Carrey (credited as James Carrey), Shawn Wayans, Keenan Ivory Wayans, David Allen Grier, Chris Rock, Marlon Wayans . . . . the list goes on and on.

Jennifer Lopez came in as a Fly Girl in the third season.

2. Homey Claus: Okay kids repeat after me. Silent night.
    Kids: Silent night.
    Homey Claus: Homey's night.
    Kids: Homey's night.
    Homey Claus: All was calm.
    Kids: All was calm.
    Homey Claus: All was bright... Bright like that damn light that cop shone in my face. He knew I didn't do it. HE KNEW I DIDN'T DO IT. I said BACK ME UP.
    Kids: All was bright... Bright like that damn light that cop shone in my face. He knew I didn't do it. HE KNEW I DIDN'T DO IT. I said BACK ME UP.
    Little Girl: He knew I didn't do it.

Dwayne Edwards: This title gets the around the world and back snap!

Bonita Bitrell: Oh lawd, there's Ms. Jenkins.
    [waves to her]
    Bonita Bitrell: Hello Ms. Jenkins! Mmm, mm, mm. That's one fine woman there. Yes sir. Better NO one say nothin' bad about Ms. Jenkins. Uh-uh. Coarse her breath smells so bad it could singe your nose hairs. But I ain't one to gossip, so you didn't hear that from me.

3. Keenan also launched Jamie Foxx's career on this show as well. I still watch the repeats. Too funny!

4. Thabks for the links.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice