IN KOREA RIGHT NOW FOR (3-TYPE FC)!

FixedSister

Nov 21, 2019
Hi all,
I've been a long time lurker in Purseforum. I do a lot of my research here to pick out the clinics i am interested in. I thought it would be helpful if i share my thoughts and experience with you guys.
I am in korea for FC (vline, genio, zygoma) also alar base reduction. I'm staying here for a little over 2 weeks. Other than purseforum, I use 3 different korean surgery apps and 2 other chinese surgery apps to decide which clinics I would like to check out.
Here's the list of clinics I am interested in:
Gyalumhan (FC)
Seoul Queen (Alar Base Reduction)
Madeyoung (FC)
Pladen (FC)
DARPS (FC)

As you can see, FC is my biggest concern during this trip. I picked one specific clinic out for my Alar base reduction because I really love their result and they seem to specialize in that from all the reviews I read about them. It would be a HUGE bonus for me if there was a clinic I can do both FC and Alar at once but I'm very picky about alar reduction since I saw so many disastrous nostrils so I picked out a specialized clinic for it lol. My plan was to do Alar at Seoul Queen first and then go do FC the next day.... ANYWAYS!
From that list, I narrowed down to 2 main FC clinics I wanted to consult at and ones that are crossed off my list. I'll tell you my reasons.

1. Gyalumhan - Eliminated
Pro-
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against this clinic at all. This clinic was one of my first ever options since a lot of local koreans vlogged their FC journey with them. I also recently read on here from a patient that went there with a super positive experience. They are known to give extraordinary aftercare. Another reason why I had this on my list was because they don't use tubes to drain the blood after surgery and has an accident free record. Their results are very natural too.
Why I crossed it out- I decided to not choose to consult with them because gut feeling. I'm a person that make my decision partially on gut feelings lol. I know it's weird but if you ever do have any feeling like that, listen to it. A youtuber I saw that vlogged their experience there had a positive experience but I don't know why her result make her face still look big. Not that much diff from before surgery (other than being tiny bit smoother). You may think that's maybe what she asked for right? but later on she made other vlogs going to non surgical treatments for smaller face and stuff. She had excessive swelling that took longer than normal people to subside. At first i thought it wasn't much of a huge problem but I came across someone else that also had a positive experience with the same problem: swelling a lot more than normal people. Honestly, I don't know if this differs from patient to patient but that worries me. I'm not korean and I don't have that much time in korea for deswelling treatments like they have.

2. MadeYoung - Chosen
Pro-
I came across this clinic through the app Gangnam Unni and Babitalk. The results are sooo beautiful, natural and positive. They are local and don't mass market towards foreigners. They specialize in FC. I tried to look for as much reviews as possible with them but there weren't a lot on here. Prolly just one and their experience was also very positive. Even with just 2 different sources with positive review, I still wasn't 100% sure until I read on chinese surgery review app about them and all of it said Madeyoung was amazing. They loved it. I trust chinese reviews because 1) plastic surgery in korea is heavily marketed to chinese people and A LOT of them come here for it. 2) Chinese people are pretty straight up lol. If they have the fortune to pay for surgery in Korea (clinics bump up the prices for chinese people) then they aren't afraid to call them out if problem occurs... which I have seen many did for diff clinics with positive reviews everywhere else haha.
Cons- Booking a consultation with them is quite difficult since they are busy. My consultation was booked on the 6th day of arriving to korea. That's pretty late for me because I would have only a little over a week to heal. My idea was to do my consultation as soon as possible, decide and proceed the surgery so i can have a long time to deswell and rest. They said they are fully booked anytime before the consultation day. A busy clinic that doesn't need to market themselves are a good sign but not for a visitor with scarce time.
I booked a consultation with them anyways because they have outstanding review and results.

3. Pladen - Eliminated
Pro-
Pladen was a clinic that I was settled upon before booking my trip to Korea. Their FC results are very very good compared to Opera and Banobagi. They are quite local as well and on naver, many people said this clinic is good from word of mouth. Word of mouth is one of the most influenced marketing strategy. I didn't do any more research on it because....!!!
Con- Other than specializing in FC, it seems like they are MORE focused on lipo. A lot of their reviews shifted towards lipo and a lot of people go there for that as well. I prefer a clinic that is specialized in 1 thing that i'm most concern about... :smile:

4. DAPRS- Chosen
Pro-
They have a lot of positive reviews for FC and a lot of mixed reviews for rhinoplasty as I have read but rhinoplasty was not what I'm there for so that's not my concern. They replied really quickly and had my consultation booked the day after I arrived in Korea which was exactly what I wanted. Their FC results were really beautiful on the reviews. Not too dramatic, a perfect balance of a good change. "Dr. LEE"... this name is everywhere if you mention DAPRS on here lol. When i first researched about the clinic, I was so confused on who exactly Dr. Lee was since there were a few Dr. Lee in the clinic alone. If I'm not wrong, there's 2 that specialize in FC.... -_- You guys stop keep using "Dr.LEE". PLEASE USE THEIR FULL NAME CAUSE THERE'S SO MANY DR LEE AT DRPS. It got to the point that I thought it was some marketing tactic hahaha. You go in there asking for Dr. Lee and you aren't getting the one that you think you wanted because there's like 4 Dr. Lee (2 specialize in FC - LeeDong Chan and Lee Sangwoo! and the other two I'm not sure what he does).
Cons- Since the reviews were really mixed, however good for FC only, I really wanted to dig into more of what people were saying so of course, Chinese app to the rescue lol. And guess what? reviews were mixed there too. Ah, another reason why it was kinda... meh was because they were having an event and I actually decided to come for the event. When I messaged them about it, they said I was able to have it UNTIL i told them I was foreigner... :smile: Event was for Koreans only of course haha. It's known that foreigners aren't allow to have event prices lol. (I knew but I wanted to try anyways)
I booked consultation here anyways because their results are good, alar reduction seems natural (Bonus), they were having an event (of course doesn't effect me but i'll tell you why this is important later).

So that's a very lengthy explanation about my decisions and I'll update on my consultation experience later ^_^

Last edited:
Did gyalumhan have an English speaking consultant? And how much did they quote for v line if you don’t mind me asking? They’re actually my top choice for FC.
I haven’t heard of MadeYoung but gonna look into it

Did gyalumhan have an English speaking consultant? And how much did they quote for v line if you don’t mind me asking? They’re actually my top choice for FC.
I haven’t heard of MadeYoung but gonna look into it
Hello, I didn't choose to consult with them and I wrote why they were crossed off my list. I've heard people get quoted 9-12k there~

Hi, could i check how much you were quoted by madeyoung, and if you had to bring a local translator?
Hello I haven't had my consultation yet for madeyoung so they haven't quote me any price yet. They said when I do in person consultation, the prices will be more accurate because the doctor will have a better idea of what's needed. My friend is Korean so she helped me with communication and will be there for me for translation. I will let you know when I do in person consultation with them

When are your consultations? Do you have Madeyoung's kakao id that you could share?
Hello, after consulting at DA, I made a hard decision to deposit my money there because...
1) they gave me a reputable surgeon, Dr Lee dong chan.
2) since he's good at fc AND noses, I mentioned it would be a bonus for me if the clinic could do 2 things at once so I don't have to move around and go under anesthesia twice in the span of a 2 days.
3) they offered me a very reasonable price within my budget
4) since madeyoung consultation was 1 week after I arrive, that means I have to sacrifice the 1 time price deal DA offer, sacrifice time just to have a rushed choice with madeyoung. (Pretty much means if I don't take my chances here with a high rep doc, I'll have to risk not doing fc this trip at all if madeyoung can't meet my budget and opt to my chosen clinic for alar only).
5) even if madeyoung quotes me a price within my budget, im afraid they might schedule my surgery late, which won't give me enough time to heal and rest.
Hope this makes sense. I don't really have time to sit around and waste 6 days for a consultation. I would suggest to book a consultation with them first before booking your flight~

Last edited:
My consultation Experience in DA
DA is located in a walkable distance from exit 12 from Gangnam station. It's hard to miss since it's a big building with their name on it. Seems like they own the whole building lol, so it's not a small clinic. My first impression wasn't so good since there was some confusion with my name so make sure you book with your legal name from passport. The Korean lady at the counter insisted that I needed a translator even though I brought my Korean friend to translate for me. She asked if I needed an English or Chinese and I said English however minutes later, a Chinese translator showed up ??? At this point I was already having a wtf moment. My Korean friend also was like wtf. (My ethnicity is Chinese but primary language is English). We both know how clinics are when a Chinese show up lol. Prices are higher, they try to upsale, you know the drill. But yea, my English is honestly better than my Chinese. we asked the Chinese translator for an English one instead and waited. While waiting for our English translator, the Korean lady came back and asked if I had a desired surgeon in mind for my procedure. I knew I wanted Dr. Lee but I didn't know which one because like I said, there was 4 LOL. I said no and she replied oh okay, just so you know prices differ from surgeons. She then told me that I will be needing a CT scan which cost 100 dollars. My friend and I were strongly against it because she said that's some bs that's way too much for a CT scan. I had my eyes rolling at this point cause everything was either about money or assuming I'm Chinese for money haha.

Eventually our English translator came and everything went uphill from there. I will refer my E-translator as Sarah. I don't know if I should reveal her name here. It was true we needed to pay for my CT for FC consultation because Dr need to see how much he can cut etc. Sarah gave us a more reasonable price so we agreed. Sarah was very nice, she explained everything to us slowly and was very patient. I had my CT then went ahead to meet Dr. Lee dong chan. When Sarah revealed who will be my surgeon, I was kind of excited because I've heard wonderful things about him. (Sarah said nothing about prices for surgeon which I was still thinking about in the back of my head).
Dr. Lee dong chan pointed out the asymmetry of my face which was my concern. He asked me what was my desired face shape or if I have any picture and I showed him a few I collected. I told him I don't want a point chin and overly cut jaw. He agreed because he likes natural results too. He said my case was very very good for FC and it will smoothen and balance my face. He said that I will be able to achieve the result that I showed him. He also mentioned because of my cheek and jaw, it give me a chubby face which was true. My face make me look like I'm 58kg in a 48kg body. He then explained about sagging and said my skin elasticity was very good as well and will experience little to no sagging. He said many people experience sagging but skin type plays a huge role in it. Then for my alar, he said he will cut the inside so there will be no visible scar at all. I told him I don't want it too pinched and he agreed that I only need a tiny bit. I emphasize that I don't want snake nostrils lol. I wanted my natural shape or a roundish shape one. He said ofcourse haha and laughed. He's very friendly and listen to my concern. He didn't suggest anything more or less than what I wanted which was good and bad cause I kind of wanted to hear his opinion but I have a very realistic ideal result so I understand if he agree completely. He sounded very professional. After I finish asking questions, Sarah quoted us prices after we mention our budget. She tried her best and did what she can to give us the best price. My friend and I had a lot to consider since I booked consultation else where but after long talk and decision we decided to go with DA for the reasons I mentioned previously in the comment above.
I got my blood test, signed a few forms and booked my surgery day. I liked how she checked Dr. Lee dong Chan's schedule before throwing time and date at us. Made me feel safer( if you know ,you know why). Sarah explained to me what was included in my aftercare which was nice and yea~ my surgery is in 6 hours. I can't sleep while in typing this lol. Will update more post op :smile: