In Honor of Elsa Peretti- Please Post Your Favorite Pieces

Here's a modelling pic of my new rock crystal and platinum Round earrings with eeny diamonds. When I showed the earrings to my husband, he said "diamonds, where?", so they are that tiny! I'm wearing them with my Tiffany silver Cushion bangle bracelet. I'd like a more delicate bracelet to wear with these. So, I buy one thing, and suddenly I need another! :biggrin:

TCO - round earrings - 6.jpg

And here's a comparison pic, showing both my Round earrings, and my Teardrop earrings, both in rock crystal and platinum.

TCO - round + teardrop earrings - 1.jpg

Here's a modelling pic of my new rock crystal and platinum Round earrings with eeny diamonds. When I showed the earrings to my husband, he said "diamonds, where?", so they are that tiny! I'm wearing them with my Tiffany silver Cushion bangle bracelet. I'd like a more delicate bracelet to wear with these. So, I buy one thing, and suddenly I need another! :biggrin:

View attachment 5072583

And here's a comparison pic, showing both my Round earrings, and my Teardrop earrings, both in rock crystal and platinum.

View attachment 5072585
They look really nice on you! I love the Round Disc earrings, and those tear drops... so pretty.
We are twins on the cushion bangle. I love that bangle, it's so different.

Thanks for sharing! Beautiful!

They look really nice on you! I love the Round Disc earrings, and those tear drops... so pretty.
We are twins on the cushion bangle. I love that bangle, it's so different.

Thanks for sharing! Beautiful!

Thank you! :flowers: My new earring photo technique as of this morning is to take 2 dozen or more pics, and one is likely to clearly show the earrings! Once I saw the round and teardrop earrings next to each other...they really are quite similar. But I pined after the Round ones for so long, so was happy to find them.

Fun we're twins on the cushion bangle, a favorite! We have similar taste and like many of same things. :smile:

View attachment 5072583

View attachment 5072585
They look perfect on you! Glad you found them!

I have a small Peretti catalog from 2007. It features 14 the lines she designed. I like how each is lyrically described (as follows) and wanted to share with my fellow fans! :smile:

TCO - EP Catalog 07 - 1.jpg

Bone - “Elsa Peretti takes familiar shapes and transforms them into universal forms of beauty. Her designs are quintessentially simple yet so eloquent. Their sensuous contours make them one with the body."

Round - “There is no shape more complete, more eternal than the circle. It hypnotizes like the moon. Its graceful arc pleases the eye and hand. Smooth and sensual, this perfect round retains its allure for all time.”

Starfish - “The star evokes life beneath the waves and in the skies. It is a beacon, evocative and stylish.”

Bean - “The bean speaks to the origins of life. The subtle hollows conjure up the curves of a woman’s neck.”

Open Heart - “The heart is open and receptive. The classic shape, hung slightly askew, reflects both the idyllic and fragile nature of love. There is something to pure, so sublime, in the absolute essence of this form.”

Wave - “The wave has a quiet, hypnotic quality. A powerful motion captured in a graceful swoop. It seduces the eye and soothes the spirit.”

Sevillana - “The fiery sevillana cuts a dramatic figure, flashing as you move. This elegant circle has maximum effect with minimum fuss.”

Pearls by the Yard - “Pearls are sleek treasures, harboring deep luminescence. On a chain they are refined, radiant and lustrous.”

Snake - “This serpentine form with its primitive simplicity carries both ancient overtones of temptation and streamlined modernity.”

Lacquered Bangles - “Lacquered to gleaming reflection, these pneumatic contours present a piece of theatre.”

Teardrop - “A teardrop suspended in a moment. Reminiscent of a raindrop, or a spot of morning dew.”

Aegean - “Chains worn and weathered into a perfect imperfection. Smoothed as though tumbled beneath the waves of the sea.”

Mesh - “A wonderous fabric of spun gold, so supple as it contours to the body.”

Diamonds by the Yard - “These diamonds, playing with light and spilling brilliance. They wink, they tantalize, they transfix.”

I have a small Peretti catalog from 2007. It features 14 the lines she designed. I like how each is lyrically described (as follows) and wanted to share with my fellow fans! :smile:

View attachment 5074909

Bone - “Elsa Peretti takes familiar shapes and transforms them into universal forms of beauty. Her designs are quintessentially simple yet so eloquent. Their sensuous contours make them one with the body."

Round - “There is no shape more complete, more eternal than the circle. It hypnotizes like the moon. Its graceful arc pleases the eye and hand. Smooth and sensual, this perfect round retains its allure for all time.”

Starfish - “The star evokes life beneath the waves and in the skies. It is a beacon, evocative and stylish.”

Bean - “The bean speaks to the origins of life. The subtle hollows conjure up the curves of a woman’s neck.”

Open Heart - “The heart is open and receptive. The classic shape, hung slightly askew, reflects both the idyllic and fragile nature of love. There is something to pure, so sublime, in the absolute essence of this form.”

Wave - “The wave has a quiet, hypnotic quality. A powerful motion captured in a graceful swoop. It seduces the eye and soothes the spirit.”

Sevillana - “The fiery sevillana cuts a dramatic figure, flashing as you move. This elegant circle has maximum effect with minimum fuss.”

Pearls by the Yard - “Pearls are sleek treasures, harboring deep luminescence. On a chain they are refined, radiant and lustrous.”

Snake - “This serpentine form with its primitive simplicity carries both ancient overtones of temptation and streamlined modernity.”

Lacquered Bangles - “Lacquered to gleaming reflection, these pneumatic contours present a piece of theatre.”

Teardrop - “A teardrop suspended in a moment. Reminiscent of a raindrop, or a spot of morning dew.”

Aegean - “Chains worn and weathered into a perfect imperfection. Smoothed as though tumbled beneath the waves of the sea.”

Diamonds by the Yard - “These diamonds, playing with light and spilling brilliance. They wink, they tantalize, they transfix.”
Thank you for sharing this! :hugs:

View attachment 5074909

I have never read this before... love it.

The Lacquered Bangles description made me think... I have been debating to get the red doughnut lacquer bangle (I already have the silver doughnut bangle). They are so fun, but what would I do with a big red bangle. :lol:

Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: etoile de mer
Thank you for sharing this! :hugs:

Happy to share! :flowers:

I have never read this before... love it.

The Lacquered Bangles description made me think... I have been debating to get the red doughnut lacquer bangle (I already have the silver doughnut bangle). They are so fun, but what would I do with a big red bangle. :lol:

Thanks for sharing!

So glad you enjoyed it! I love the artistry involved in lacquering. I'm a fan of the lacquered horn jewelry that Hermès produces. I have a few of theirs in my favored blues, green, and white. The Peretti lacquer colors are more challenging for me, as not colors I frequently wear, but that big bangle is very fun!

This is an article I posted a while back regarding the production of the pieces for Hermès. I love the photos and descriptions. There's just a bit about the lacquering process, but will share here in case of interest.

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/ode-to-the-horn.424984/page-177#post-32229884

Happy to share! :flowers:

So glad you enjoyed it! I love the artistry involved in lacquering. I'm a fan of the lacquered horn jewelry that Hermès produces. I have a few of theirs in my favored blues, green, and white. The Peretti lacquer colors are more challenging for me, as not colors I frequently wear, but that big bangle is very fun!

This is an article I posted a while back regarding the production of the pieces for Hermès. I love the photos and descriptions. There's just a bit about the lacquering process, but will share here in case of interest.

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/ode-to-the-horn.424984/page-177#post-32229884
Great article. I did not realize lacquering was such an art. I thought it was a spray can or dip of color! :shocked:
Thanks for educating me. Now I really appreciate it even more. The lacquered doughnut bangles are Japanese hardwood. So I guess it's a carved piece of wood to make the bangle shape first, then they start the lacquering process. Interesting. I went to the website and did not see the red bangle. I am not sure why they never seem to post the red bangle, but I have actually tried it on in both small and medium. I ended up with the silver one, but maybe I'll order a red one. I don't think the doughnut bangle is popular... I have never seen a person wear one (except me), so I worry they may be discontinued.
Here are the colors online, but for sure, the red one exists:
Search Results | Tiffany & Co.

Great article. I did not realize lacquering was such an art. I thought it was a spray can or dip of color! :shocked:
Thanks for educating me. Now I really appreciate it even more. The lacquered doughnut bangles are Japanese hardwood. So I guess it's a carved piece of wood to make the bangle shape first, then they start the lacquering process. Interesting. I went to the website and did not see the red bangle. I am not sure why they never seem to post the red bangle, but I have actually tried it on in both small and medium. I ended up with the silver one, but maybe I'll order a red one. I don't think the doughnut bangle is popular... I have never seen a person wear one (except me), so I worry they may be discontinued.
Here are the colors online, but for sure, the red one exists:
Search Results | Tiffany & Co.
Found it... I searched for Doughnut Bangle, but the red one did not have the word Doughnut hence it was not in the search. Here it is: Elsa Peretti® bangle in red lacquer over Japanese hardwood, medium. | Tiffany & Co.

Hmmm... :hrmm: I'm thinking I could wear this as part of my wanna-be French look... striped Breton top, skinny jeans, Chanel espadrilles, and one big red doughnut bangle for a pop of color.

I felt the same after reading that article about the craftsmanship involved, it made me love my pieces even more! :love: Some of the Hermès pieces are lacquered wood, and some are lacquered horn.

I always thought the big Peretti bangles were all called Doughnut as well, but seems they only refer to the gold and silver ones that way? I was so confused when I saw the lacquered ones, as they're without the Doughnut moniker! :upsidedown: That's a beautiful red! :smile: I wonder where the lacquered ones are made.

I find the Tiffany website "search" to be really wonky. Also, choosing a drop down category doesn't always give comprehensive results. Maybe we can ask Bernard to get right on that! ;) Hard to buy things if we can't find them!

I felt the same after reading that article about the craftsmanship involved, it made me love my pieces even more! :love: Some of the Hermès pieces are lacquered wood, and some are lacquered horn.

I always thought the big Peretti bangles were all called Doughnut as well, but seems they only refer to the gold and silver ones that way? I was so confused when I saw the lacquered ones, as they're without the Doughnut moniker! :upsidedown: That's a beautiful red! :smile: I wonder where the lacquered ones are made.

I find the Tiffany website "search" to be really wonky. Also, choosing a drop down category doesn't always give comprehensive results. Maybe we can ask Bernard to get right on that! ;) Hard to buy things if we can't find them!
I would think with Japanese hardwood it is made in Japan?

I shall report back soon! I just ordered one.