In Honor of Elsa Peretti- Please Post Your Favorite Pieces

For those of you who own Elsa's silver pieces with pearls and semi-precious stones, how do you deal with inevitable tarnish? I've tended to shy away from buying those combos solely because of not knowing how to care for them. My favorite silver polish is Twinkle, and if I'm in a hurry I use a Tiffany silver cloth. But I've thought either of those (especially a paste polish like Twinkle) and the residual tarnish coming off could possibly discolor porous stones. Maybe you all just polish very carefully, avoiding the stones and pearls? For reference, link below describes the products I have and use. Thoughts appreciated!

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/cleaning.1029906/#post-34148623

For those of you who own Elsa's silver pieces with pearls and semi-precious stones, how do you deal with inevitable tarnish? I've tended to shy away from buying those combos solely because of not knowing how to care for them. My favorite silver polish is Twinkle, and if I'm in a hurry I use a Tiffany silver cloth. But I've thought either of those (especially a paste polish like Twinkle) and the residual tarnish coming off could possibly discolor porous stones. Maybe you all just polish very carefully, avoiding the stones and pearls? For reference, link below describes the products I have and use. Thoughts appreciated!

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/cleaning.1029906/#post-34148623
Hi! I have the CBTY turquoise sprinkle necklace. It's 36" long, and it's a mix of turquoise, pearls, and diamonds. I use Wolf for my jewelry storage. I like them because their fabric is called LusterLoc which is a patented fabric to prevent tarnish. It works like a charm for me. After I wear my silver, I just take a soft cloth and wipe it down. Every couple of years, I may drop it off to Tiffany for a shine, but that's a bit of a hassle for me and I haven't done that in years and I'll probably just not bother.

I don't like to use any chemical next to stones as stones are porous and absorb. For pure silver it's fine. Tiffany also sells silver polish. I have not used it, but I would think it's gentle enough since they sell it (hmmm... I should buy one when I visit to check it out).

To me, I honestly think the way you store your silver matters. I have a friend who just tosses her silver in a box, and she complains her silver gets tarnished. My silver honestly never tarnishes.. it's more beat up and scratched from me banging it around. And speaking of polishing, I am not one that goes crazy about polishing my silver. This is because every time you do a deep polish, you are taking off metal, and over time, you will lose the crispness of the lines of the pieces, especially Peretti pieces which her line is all about the flow of the metal. Elsa said she doesn't design harsh lines, her pieces flow. I am actually more sensitive to my pieces looking flat and the lines "worn" from being over polished.

Here is the Wolf link in case you are interested. Hope this helps a bit.
Jewelry Boxes: Designer Leather Jewelry Boxes & Organizers | WOLF (wolf1834.com)

Hi! I have the CBTY turquoise sprinkle necklace. It's 36" long, and it's a mix of turquoise, pearls, and diamonds. I use Wolf for my jewelry storage. I like them because their fabric is called LusterLoc which is a patented fabric to prevent tarnish. It works like a charm for me. After I wear my silver, I just take a soft cloth and wipe it down. Every couple of years, I may drop it off to Tiffany for a shine, but that's a bit of a hassle for me and I haven't done that in years and I'll probably just not bother.

I don't like to use any chemical next to stones as stones are porous and absorb. For pure silver it's fine. Tiffany also sells silver polish. I have not used it, but I would think it's gentle enough since they sell it (hmmm... I should buy one when I visit to check it out).

To me, I honestly think the way you store your silver matters. I have a friend who just tosses her silver in a box, and she complains her silver gets tarnished. My silver honestly never tarnishes.. it's more beat up and scratched from me banging it around. And speaking of polishing, I am not one that goes crazy about polishing my silver. This is because every time you do a deep polish, you are taking off metal, and over time, you will lose the crispness of the lines of the pieces, especially Peretti pieces which her line is all about the flow of the metal. Elsa said she doesn't design harsh lines, her pieces flow. I am actually more sensitive to my pieces looking flat and the lines "worn" from being over polished.

Here is the Wolf link in case you are interested. Hope this helps a bit.
Jewelry Boxes: Designer Leather Jewelry Boxes & Organizers | WOLF (wolf1834.com)

Thanks so much. Interesting to hear about your jewelry box. The fabric they use sounds similar to the Pacific Silvercloth I noted in the link. I tend to baby my jewelry. I store all my pieces in separate pouches, within my jewelry box. It's not a big issue, but my silver pieces do tend to tarnish very slowly. I've used the Pacific Silvercloth around pieces I store separately, and for flatwear. It doesn't eliminate tarnish, but it definitely happens much more slowly with its use. The polish I use is very gentle, no over zealous polishing for me. Done periodically, by hand, to remove light tarnish, I've not seen change in crispness. Off to look at your link...

Reactions: BigAkoya
This is my large, yellow gold, starfish pendant just resting on top of my white rubber cord that I wish could slip through the pendant’s hole! Its end caps are too big. When I have a white cord, I’d like to wear the pendant with my Faraone Mennella yellow gold/white ceramic earrings.

Years back there were limited (but still a few) pendant cord options, in various colors, available in the repairs dept at Tiffany. Now seems to have dwindled down to just black, and in 16” only (per customer service). I’m now on a mission to try to make a white cord that I could use with this pendant. Will be ordering some parts and pieces today!

Faraone Mennella Yellow Gold/White Ceramic Earrings and
Large Yellow Gold Starfish Pendant with Tiffany White Rubber Cord

TCO - 750 starfish pendant + FM earrings - 2.jpg

This is my large, yellow gold, starfish pendant just resting on top of my white rubber cord that I wish could slip through the pendant’s hole! Its end caps are too big. When I have a white cord, I’d like to wear the pendant with my Faraone Mennella yellow gold/white ceramic earrings.

Years back there were limited (but still a few) pendant cord options, in various colors, available in the repairs dept at Tiffany. Now seems to have dwindled down to just black, and in 16” only (per customer service). I’m now on a mission to try to make a white cord that I could use with this pendant. Will be ordering some parts and pieces today!

Faraone Mennella Yellow Gold/White Ceramic Earrings and
Large Yellow Gold Starfish Pendant with Tiffany White Rubber Cord

View attachment 5049913
These look perfect together!

• Love
Reactions: etoile de mer