In Honor of Elsa Peretti- Please Post Your Favorite Pieces

Hello BigAkoya :wave: So glad my post made sense! There aren't a lot of pieces that tug at me as much as that gorgy, large pavé pendant! :girlsigh: While I didn't have my large silver pendant with me at the time to compare, it did appear to be the exact size/shape as mine. I've posted some pics below with various pieces, hopefully helpful. I'm not sure why Tiffany is so dimentionally challenged, but it's surely not serving them well! :upsidedown: Maybe try to get dimensions for the currently offered, large silver one if you go that route. Looks to be the same size as mine purchased years back. Regarding alternate chains, I bought my bead chain (with the unusual clasp) as an option, as then I could still easily swap it for the original silk cord. I have found the large starfish slides better (with movement) on the silk cord, and catches a bit on the bead chain. Maybe a different type of silver chain would work better? Have pondered a bit, trying to think of other options, as I find the black (and even the brown cord I purchased later) to be a bit stark on me. I have the same large starfish pendant in yellow gold, and think it would look pretty on a white cord. Still mulling options. Let me know if I can help you further! :flowers:

smaller pavé pendant and brooch both = size you noted that's currently online
and shown with larger silver pendant = in size to larger pavé pendant

View attachment 5045023

two pics below are at approx. same scale to give you size reference/comparison

View attachment 5045027

View attachment 5045028

pics of the silk cord showing how it slides through the pendant,
and how it fastens

View attachment 5045029

View attachment 5045032

View attachment 5045035
Thank you so much for taking the time to do this! I am almost sure your silver starfish is the same one as the jumbo pave. The little guy's legs are in the exact position too! I will be travelling in about three weeks to pick up some pieces (VCA, not Tiffany), but I will stop by Tiffany and get this large one. When I am there, I am also going to buy a 30" chain (or may 28" or 32") that looks good with it. I'll try to run the chain through the starfish hole, but if it doesn't fit, I'll ask if Tiffany can remove the clasp, run my starfish through and put the clasp back on. If they say no, I'll just buy the chain and have my local jeweler do it anyway. I just need to be sure the chain itself fits through the hole.

I think Tiffany has silver chains that will allow it to fit through fine. I looked at some chains from Peretti pieces and a chain that is Tiffany, not Peretti. The first photo below are three chains... the one on the left is a chain I purhased at Tiffany to hang my Chinese Takeout Pillbox. The one in the center is the chain from the Medium Peretti bottle, and one on the right is the Large Peretti Bottle. You can see the chains are almost the same size, the center one is the thinnest. However, the clasp might be the issue as they are all round and probably larger than the starfish hole. I am sure I can make it work and will pick a chain that is the correct thickness (Tiffany makes chains in various thickness you can purchase).

I am so excited now... I can't wait to go in a few weeks. I told my husband about the starfish and showed him your starfishes, especially your platinum one. He totally loves it. I told him there is a jumbo platinum one! My husband then says "is that another one of those hard-to-find pieces?". I responded to him "no, it's one of those hard-to-stomach-the-outrageous-price pieces!" :lol:

Thank you so much for sharing these photos and thank you and @AntiqueShopper for making me fall in love with starfishes.

260B8546-AE56-4BA1-A2F4-B3A5440A2510.jpeg

78F6F1D8-B6EF-4A1A-977D-61180C4A3E56.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you so much for taking the time to do this! I am almost sure your silver starfish is the same one as the jumbo pave. The little guy's legs are in the exact position too! I will be travelling in about three weeks to pick up some pieces (VCA, not Tiffany), but I will stop by Tiffany and get this large one. When I am there, I am also going to buy a 30" chain (or may 28" or 32") that looks good with it. I'll try to run the chain through the starfish hole, but if it doesn't fit, I'll ask if Tiffany can remove the clasp, run my starfish through and put the clasp back on. If they say no, I'll just buy the chain and have my local jeweler do it anyway. I just need to be sure the chain itself fits through the hole.

I think Tiffany has silver chains that will allow it to fit through fine. I looked at some chains from Peretti pieces and a chain that is Tiffany, not Peretti. The first photo below are three chains... the one on the left is a chain I purhased at Tiffany to hang my Chinese Takeout Pillbox. The one in the center is the chain from the Medium Peretti bottle, and one on the right is the Large Peretti Bottle. You can see the chains are almost the same size, the center one is the thinnest. However, the clasp might be the issue as they are all round and probably larger than the starfish hole. I am sure I can make it work and will pick a chain that is the correct thickness (Tiffany makes chains in various thickness you can purchase).

I am so excited now... I can't wait to go in a few weeks. I told my husband about the starfish and showed him your starfishes, especially your platinum one. He totally loves it. I told him there is a jumbo platinum one! My husband then says "is that another one of those hard-to-find pieces?". I responded to him "no, it's one of those hard-to-stomach-the-outrageous-price pieces!" :lol:

Thank you so much for sharing these photos and thank you and @AntiqueShopper for making me fall in love with starfishes.

View attachment 5045263

View attachment 5045264View attachment 5045263View attachment 5045264View attachment 5045263View attachment 5045263View attachment 5045264
I can’t wait to see your new piece!

Reactions: BigAkoya
Does anyone own the Open Heart belt? I was wondering if it was a belt that was functional instead of more of a decorative.

I have an open heart belt, which I haven’t worn in years. (I’m retired now and, frankly, I’m not looking to draw attention to my 62 year old waist.) When I did wear the belt, I wore it decoratively. I think it wouldn’t be great as a functional belt, as it tends to loosen as you move.

I have an open heart belt, which I haven’t worn in years. (I’m retired now and, frankly, I’m not looking to draw attention to my 62 year old waist.) When I did wear the belt, I wore it decoratively. I think it wouldn’t be great as a functional belt, as it tends to loosen as you move.
Thank you for sharing! Decorative belts are beautiful but definitely need more function in my life.

Thank you for sharing! Decorative belts are beautiful but definitely need more function in my life.

I will say that it is a beautiful statement piece and I wouldn’t be surprised if I incorporate it back into my wardrobe one day.

I’ve been selling off some of my jewelry and bags over the last few months but I couldn’t part with the Peretti belt (coupled with a relatively low resale value).

Reactions: AntiqueShopper
I will say that it is a beautiful statement piece and I wouldn’t be surprised if I incorporate it back into my wardrobe one day.

I’ve been selling off some of my jewelry and bags over the last few months but I couldn’t part with the Peretti belt (coupled with a relatively low resale value).
Maybe if I see one on the secondary market I’ll pick it up. Thank you for the information :hugs:

Reactions: Lillianlm