In Honor of Elsa Peretti- Please Post Your Favorite Pieces

Thank you @AntiqueShopper for starting this thread. I love your mesh pieces, and I’m enjoying the contributions and collections of other TPFers too!

I think you will really love the bone cuff. It is my favorite piece.

An interesting story on the two turquoise rings... why two of the same ring?
Those turquoise rings are my prized possessions among my Peretti pieces. They are discontinued and took me 5 years to find. I had been searching for years. Every time I went into a Tiffany, I would check and ask. I wanted the bold large size that looks like a gum ball ring. One day, I walk into the Tiffany in Westchester Mall, NY, and there it was, but it was the small size. Hmm... small, not the large. I almost did not get it, but then I hit myself on the head and said to myself "you've been looking for this ring for four years, it's discontinued, beggars can't be choosey!". The SA then said "the turquoise ring has been discontinued, this is the last piece." Ok.. sold! Fast forward a year, I walk into Tiffany in NYC to check out Peretti stuff. I buy the large bottle pendant. I am wearing the small turquoise cabochon ring. The SA sees my ring and says "the turquoise ring is discontinued, you are lucky you have one". I tell him "I really wanted the large one, but yes, I am happy I have this one". I tell the SA "if you ever see a large one come through, I would like it please". He says sure, but I expected nothing to come of it. A few days later he texts me and says he found the last one... in the UK! He said he called the stores in other countries directly... what a sweetie. OMG! I then thought, hmm... "do I need a second turquoise cabochon ring? Am I being greedy?" I ask my husband, and he says "you've been talking about this big gum ball turquoise ring for five years, this is your one and only chance, get it". Okay... sold! That's how I ended up with two of these rings. :biggrin:

I love Peretti's turquoise and have the turquoise set in her CBTY (e.g. earrings, dot pendant, long turquoise necklace). I saw your photos of your starfish pieces, and they look so beautiful and whimsical. So light and summery! I had never thought of that collection before. I did a quick scan and they have turquoise starfishes! I will check it out later today.

Thank you for inspiring me!
I love this story! and I love your aesthetic! Thank you for sharing both with us! Hugs

Last edited:
Hi! Congratulations on your new bracelet! In my experience, Tiffany does not charge for alterations of new pieces so shortening your new bracelet should be free of charge. I would be sure to get the links back which they always give you, but just double-check.

By the way, Tiffany customer service is second to none in my opinion, and if your bracelet comes back too short, you can send it back in.

A short story on resizing drama with a happy ending...
I like to wear my rings really loose, and often times, my rings flip around which I kind of like (the illusion of skinny fingers!). I had a ring resized (the gumball turquoise ring). It came back the size I wanted, but because the ring was so top heavy, it wouldn't stay up. I needed to go down a quarter size. Customer service suggested I just add some beads inside. Hmm... I hesitated as I thought it might look like a Frankenstein ring (I'm a purist when it comes to altering jewelry and don't like to do it) and also not comfy, but I said ok. I got the ring back, and it looked and felt weird. I told customer service, nope... I can't live with those beads. They said no problem, we will take out the beads and resize it down a quarter size. All this was done free of charge. It was a recent purchase, and my point in sharing this is if your bracelet doesn't come back perfect, no need to worry... Tiffany customer service will take care of it.

Congrats again on your new bracelet! I'm so happy for you! Pink sapphire is very pretty. Please do post a photo if you want to.

Thank you. :smile: I don't have the bracelet's at the moment because they are sold out and tiffany order them for me. Because of covid and if I want to get them shorten it can take 4-6 weeks... Or maybe earlier but I don't think so... At monday I will tiffany call again. Because I don't know that the bracelet with one sapphire also come with a bigger stone. But I think it will be really hard to get... When I have the bracelet's I will post some pictures. :smile:

I already get a bracelet shorten and a necklace lengthen because I want to layer it. I'm very happy with both pieces. :smile: But it cost extra because I had my pieces for over one year.

Glad to hear that you now happy with you're ring. :smile:

I think you will really love the bone cuff. It is my favorite piece.

An interesting story on the two turquoise rings... why two of the same ring?
Those turquoise rings are my prized possessions among my Peretti pieces. They are discontinued and took me 5 years to find. I had been searching for years. Every time I went into a Tiffany, I would check and ask. I wanted the bold large size that looks like a gum ball ring. One day, I walk into the Tiffany in Westchester Mall, NY, and there it was, but it was the small size. Hmm... small, not the large. I almost did not get it, but then I hit myself on the head and said to myself "you've been looking for this ring for four years, it's discontinued, beggars can't be choosey!". The SA then said "the turquoise ring has been discontinued, this is the last piece." Ok.. sold! Fast forward a year, I walk into Tiffany in NYC to check out Peretti stuff. I buy the large bottle pendant. I am wearing the small turquoise cabochon ring. The SA sees my ring and says "the turquoise ring is discontinued, you are lucky you have one". I tell him "I really wanted the large one, but yes, I am happy I have this one". I tell the SA "if you ever see a large one come through, I would like it please". He says sure, but I expected nothing to come of it. A few days later he texts me and says he found the last one... in the UK! He said he called the stores in other countries directly... what a sweetie. OMG! I then thought, hmm... "do I need a second turquoise cabochon ring? Am I being greedy?" I ask my husband, and he says "you've been talking about this big gum ball turquoise ring for five years, this is your one and only chance, get it". Okay... sold! That's how I ended up with two of these rings. :biggrin:

I love Peretti's turquoise and have the turquoise set in her CBTY (e.g. earrings, dot pendant, long turquoise necklace). I saw your photos of your starfish pieces, and they look so beautiful and whimsical. So light and summery! I had never thought of that collection before. I did a quick scan and they have turquoise starfishes! I will check it out later today.

Thank you for inspiring me!

“The big gumball turquoise ring”. LOL!! I think Elsa would love it described that way!