In defence of Coach??

I don't feel the need to defend myself...and I kind of think it's funny anyone would.

I look at handbag brands all the time and think to myself "dis-gust-ing! No way I'd ever own that trash"...but I certainly don't need to bash it to those who love it, I would gain absolutely NOTHING from hurting or insulting someone else. And I personally feel like the more time I spend "defending" myself and my taste, the more I give their snarky comments credence.

Coach will always be the brand by which all others are measured--people either wish they had, or think they are better than...some treat it like a doormat, and others idealize it. I just enjoy it and there is nothing more to be said.

Diffr'ent Strokes for different folks! (shall I sing...I think I shall..)

Now the World don't move to the beat of just one drum,
What might be right for you, may not be right for some...

I don't feel the need to defend myself...and I kind of think it's funny anyone would.

I look at handbag brands all the time and think to myself "dis-gust-ing! No way I'd ever own that trash"...but I certainly don't need to bash it to those who love it, I would gain absolutely NOTHING from hurting or insulting someone else. And I personally feel like the more time I spend "defending" myself and my taste, the more I give their snarky comments credence.

Coach will always be the brand by which all others are measured--people either wish they had, or think they are better than...some treat it like a doormat, and others idealize it. I just enjoy it and there is nothing more to be said.

That sounds like one of my coworkers she always brings prada, LV, gucci, D&G etc. and steadily bash my Coach bags! Ironically I went to her house to finish a work project and found her house BARE! Is it really worth buying all those "High-End" bags when you don't have much of furniture?

I do not have to Defend Coach or anything I personally like...

I do not get it I go to the Gucci site, LV site, Chanel site, ect and they all have the same issue some snob that needs to feel good about themselves buy bashing someone else stuff is on there saying the brand is not good enough...

Well if you do not like do not buy it or look at mine..

The biggest bag basher at my job is my coworker and all she buys are FAKES - but she will not buy Coach fakes because she wants to get the prime fakes...

um well where im at I hardly ever see a designer bag so Im fine LOL.. nice area middle class.. now I can go about 20 minutes away to a high end mall and see tons. I don't really care either way If i am using my LV bags or my coach poppys who care...

I find it funny that people feel the need to bash Coach as well. It is just human nature to want to put others down I guess. I guarantee you if you took the Coach label off of certain Coach handbags and slapped on an LV, Hermes, Gucci, insert whatever designer they think is better, they would suddenly find it to be an AMAZING bag. It is not necessarily all of the brand's products they don't like, it is the stigma with carrying a "lower" end designer bag. So they are deciding what they like based on brand rather then looks.

Personally I like the look of many bags from places like forever21. I just don't buy them anymore because I know they don't last.

Just got home from my favorite place - THE COACH STORE!! :yahoo:
I just posted the link to that thread cause I think it's a fascinating study of human nature. It boggles the mind really, I just think it makes for an interesting read!! Leaves you just shaking your head!!

the only thing i never got about all this 'coach bashing' is why people make such a big deal out of it being made in china..as if it is THE only brand made in china? :shrugs:

a lot of other brands are made from china, turkey, etc etc

it is just that coach has it in plain sight, the tag stating where its made, as well as the storyboard..unlike some other brands its being compared to

It makes me angry, not going to lie - lol. Especially when LV and Coach somewhat overlap in the price category. Maybe it's just because I'm not a fan of LV. But, it sucks paying (for me) top dollar only to be criticized because it's not good enough.

I'm not a fan of LV either...$1k for coated canvas???? No thank you. I started with Coach many many moons ago and I enjoy the occasional Coach bag once in a while even though my collection has diversified :smile: