In Coral Blue's FW 07 EARLY REVIEW: it ain't going to be pretty

ICB, thanks for the review (as always). Didn't see you mention anything about paprika/rouille. Have you seen it? If so, do you like it?

I've only seen photos (from the trunk show) and someone else had posted a photo of it...it's very similar to SS 06 rouille...but hey, at least this time around you get it with the nice gorgeous leather.

I actually had my reservations for Rouille (the SS 06 version) when I first saw it...but I saw some at Barneys a few months back and was just mesmerized by the color.

excellent review as always, thanks ICB! i wasn't jumping up and down for the new colors so far, but i haven't seen steel yet. it doesn't look like a color i would get since i have anthracite already. meanwhile, i'll be waiting for violet to arrive!

ICB - I appreciate your comments and always eagerly anticipate the next chapter! I agree with you about the Steel and Ocean colours and the fact that the SGH will add that pop. You are not alone in your "uninterested" feeling so far. I think you will love the Ocean Work with SGH. Even though you have the Blueberry, I think it will be a wonderful and classy addition to your collection ;)

ICB - I appreciate your comments and always eagerly anticipate the next chapter! I agree with you about the Steel and Ocean colours and the fact that the SGH will add that pop. You are not alone in your "uninterested" feeling so far. I think you will love the Ocean Work with SGH. Even though you have the Blueberry, I think it will be a wonderful and classy addition to your collection ;)

I tried on the Ocean WE with Silver GH at Bal NY and found the size (with GH) to be overwhelming. The Work is gorgeous and I agree - it will be a nice addition to my collection of Blues (I would've gotten the Cornflower 06 and Navy 05 too! had they have been available to me at the time).

Ocean Work with SGH definitely remains on top of my list - but I will give it another month or so before I dive and purchase it....I just want to make sure.

I haven't seen Tomato, but I don't feel like Vermillion is orangey at all. In my City, it is a very bright, but true, red. A neutral. Are some of the Vermillions orangey?

:tdown:
Unfortunately for me, 06 and 07 were not banner years. 04 and 05 colors and leather are what first made me a convert. It's just too bad that I discovered them in August of 2006. Since that time I have been holding my breath every time the new collections are announced. The thin, stiff, veiny leather of 06 was deffinitely not for me, and I was really saddened by the bad quality of the 06 tassels. It was awful seeing gals stuck with split or spongey tassels the first week they had their bags. I think (haven't had one in my hands yet) I am pleased with the 07 leather, but not overly excited about any colors except Grape. I don't need them all to be "pop" colors to be excited about them (I think Sandstone is beautiful), just something different, and not the same colors recycled over and over.
:sad: