In case I fail with Beige with GHW, what should I get??

etoil0601

Feb 21, 2011
I've already purchased Caviar GST black with SHW, Lambskin M/L Classic Flap Black with GHW, Patent Medium JM in Red....

And My Caviar M/L Classic Flap Beige with GHW is giving me a very difficult time!! (So still I can't do my reveals with all my other pretty purchases!!! Arrrrrrrrrrgh!)

So in case I can't really get the Beige classic flap in good condition that I want, what would you guys recommend me for my 4th Chanel bag??

Should I go with White Reissue in 226 with GHW instead?? (maybe it could be a substitue for the light color bag?? - the one in display was already dirty so I'm wondering if it is too hard to keep this one clean?)
Or 11P Bronze? Reissue 226 black with GHW? or any other things??

I found that Classic Jumbo is kinda too big on me but 226 is somewhere between M/L and Jumbo, so I felt more comfortable with this size I guess.. But I really never considered getting reissue before...

I just wanted to add another flap before the price increase but..... Should I just pass and don't buy anything???

I'm still thinking about getting Pink Classic Flap whenever it is available despite of price increase! That's like my HG for now!!

I really hope that my SA can find one for me but if that does not work out, what would be my plan B?

What do you Chanel Experts think?? I'm a still newbie here in Chanel so I just don't know what to do!!!

Thank you guys!! Your inputs are always always greatly appreciated!!!

I don't know what I would have done if I never had this faboulous TPF!!!!

Sorry to hear the beige clair hasn't worked out but it sounds like you have a really nice collection going already! Guess it really depends on what you're looking for. I think the white reissue is lovely but the display I saw wasn't perfect either so personally I'd pass. I think both the bronze and the black 226 are great options (bronze is such a special color and 226 is the perfect size).

Have you considered a gray reissue? There is one this season with GHW (a pretty unique combo). Also the navy 226 with GHW is TDF and probably a better bet for you than the black since you already have the classic in black and gold. I think both are timeless and versatile. But I'd say only get one if you LOVE it and would use it - no sense getting a bag to beat the increase only to wish you had waited when you see something else you love more just a few months later. Good luck and keep us posted on your decision!

P.S. Hope you find your pink!

Honestly, don't settle for less. The recent Chanel quality is really nerve whacking as well. Your current collection is very oolala~

If the beige is not found in the condition you like (I always find beige with ghw very classic and delightful to have).

White reissue with ghw:- as nice as it is, I worry about maintaining the colour. I have seen one with shw in a local 2nd hand consignment shop,it looks really dirty and not even 6 months.

Reissue black with ghw- i would find it atad too close to what you currently own.

Best is to get some other colour? To keep your gorgeous red company:buttercup: (I know pink is really difficult to find but GOOD LUCK! Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you)

I'd either go with the off white 226 reissue with GHW, or the 11P bronze . I think both are quite refreshing and would compliment your current collection. GL deciding and can't wait to see your reveals! :smile:

Sorry to hear the beige clair hasn't worked out but it sounds like you have a really nice collection going already! Guess it really depends on what you're looking for. I think the white reissue is lovely but the display I saw wasn't perfect either so personally I'd pass. I think both the bronze and the black 226 are great options (bronze is such a special color and 226 is the perfect size).

Have you considered a gray reissue? There is one this season with GHW (a pretty unique combo). Also the navy 226 with GHW is TDF and probably a better bet for you than the black since you already have the classic in black and gold. I think both are timeless and versatile. But I'd say only get one if you LOVE it and would use it - no sense getting a bag to beat the increase only to wish you had waited when you see something else you love more just a few months later. Good luck and keep us posted on your decision!

P.S. Hope you find your pink!

Navy sounds great! But I don't know if I can find it before the price increase.
I don't know why but I'm not really into grey color!
I guess it's like the same phase that I'm going through everytime. Until March, I didn't like Chanel (Weird! Who cannot dare to love Chanel!?!). I had some sunglasses and CCs but for bags,I thought it was an old ladies brand!! :wtf: (Same thing as Louis Vuitton, I started with pink flowery Dior girl and those times, I thought LV looks sooo ugly!!! But my mom got me my first LV and since then LV was my best friend during my college year!)
And here comes March, all of a sudden, Chanel looks soooo amazing and pretty!!! And I had to have a bag from Chanel! I thought I would get one! But somehow I ended up with three bags in almost a month and half with some other things...
And I was telling my SA that for now exotic ones look scary to me, but maybe in 5 years I would love it. You never know...
Oooops! Off topic!!! Anyways thanks for your input! I think I'll gonna be worried about keeping white reissue clean after I saw the display one.. and Black with GHW is pretty but compared to this white one, black reissue looked soooo wrinkly!

Honestly, don't settle for less. The recent Chanel quality is really nerve whacking as well. Your current collection is very oolala~

If the beige is not found in the condition you like (I always find beige with ghw very classic and delightful to have).

White reissue with ghw:- as nice as it is, I worry about maintaining the colour. I have seen one with shw in a local 2nd hand consignment shop,it looks really dirty and not even 6 months.

Reissue black with ghw- i would find it atad too close to what you currently own.

Best is to get some other colour? To keep your gorgeous red company:buttercup: (I know pink is really difficult to find but GOOD LUCK! Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you)

Not even 6 months? That's frustrating!!! The reason I pick Beige with GHW was first I wanted something in light color and second it was pretty and third since it's caviar and M/L size, it would be easy to keep it clean! And since I got the black in lambskin, I wanted to compare lambskin and caviar flaps while I use them...
I'm hoping to get pink one by the Cruise collection! SA was saying those colors usually comes out in Cruise collection... Is that right? Still newbie here and I'm only relying on whatever my SA tells me so....
I just don't know what I'm gonna do if I can't find this Beige!!!

the pink one is great if you manage to score it
I know! I would be sooooooooo happy!!

I'd either go with the off white 226 reissue with GHW, or the 11P bronze . I think both are quite refreshing and would compliment your current collection. GL deciding and can't wait to see your reveals! :smile:
I really liked those two but for white 226 I'm a little bit afraid of keeping it clean...
And for Bronze, I think it's absolutely beautiful! I loved your Mini!!!
But I saw the display ones and they all had scratched on the CC locks.... So that's a little turn off for me... :sad:

The beige is really beautiful irl! I know my SA has a beige jumbo....but, I don't remember the hardware....pm me if you want his info.
I know right? It is beautiful! I kinda figure out that Jumbo is too big and heavy for me... Thanks for the info though! Appreciate it!

HOpefully you are able to get your beige claire, otherwise, from what I've read here, the off/white reissue is pretty durable and should withstand regular use okay. :smile:

HOpefully you are able to get your beige claire, otherwise, from what I've read here, the off/white reissue is pretty durable and should withstand regular use okay. :smile:

Thanks bluekit!!! My new Beige arrived at the store!! I'm going to go see it tomorrow!!! Hopefully this time it will be perfect!!! I'm having a nightmare!! In my dream I got a new bag and I checked the sides and it was perfect but looked so soft next thing I know is it's a wrong color and wrong material!!! :shocked: I was soooo sad even in my dream!!!! :shrugs: Hopefully tomorrow will come fast and I'll get my perfect dreamy bag and I can get over with all these!!! And then I can do my reveals! ;)

Thanks bluekit!!! My new Beige arrived at the store!! I'm going to go see it tomorrow!!! Hopefully this time it will be perfect!!! I'm having a nightmare!! In my dream I got a new bag and I checked the sides and it was perfect but looked so soft next thing I know is it's a wrong color and wrong material!!! :shocked: I was soooo sad even in my dream!!!! :shrugs: Hopefully tomorrow will come fast and I'll get my perfect dreamy bag and I can get over with all these!!! And then I can do my reveals! ;)

:woohoo: finger crossed everything works out for you this time. :smile: I find most bags are okay quality-wise, but it's always that one or two that stresses us out. I'll stay tuned for your reveal.:biggrin: