In and out bag large one

keltip

Aug 13, 2008
Hi I am new to the forum. I have never purchased a chanel bag...I almost got this one at Saks for the EGC day. But was torn b/t it and the caviar GST...if you were getting your first Chanel bag..which one would you get?
How often does Saks do the EGC, does Neiman Marcus do something like that? And why does Saks waive the tax if they ship it out of state/
thanks so much..I know alot of Q's...but your time is appreciated..Kelly

Hi Welcome.....:yahoo:
I have both the GST and In n Out and recently got the GST in patent leather... I love the look of the bag, but my caviar GST after some use, started to lose it's structure...the In n Out I love it also, it is not as structured as the GST, but I love to use it more often. The GST in caviar is a classic piece not seasonal, so it will be easier to come across in the future if you decided to pass it up for now, where the In N Out is a seasonal bag, meaning once all gone there will be no more of that design. Saks and Neimans offer the EGC a few times a year, I suggest for you to add your self to both websites mailing list on line and you will receive emails on the up & coming EGC events or check back with the forum. Reemeber Neimans stores accept only cash, check, neimans credit card or american express for form of payment and of course their gift cards. Regarding the tax question, well each state tax rate is different, so many times the SA will bipass the system to not tax you, since they can't tax you their state rate, but I have read some SA will tax the customer the tax rate the item is delivered to....so always confirm when you place a phone order. Nordtroms will always charge tax for the state you are in, fyi.

I am so glad you took the time to answer my Q'ss, MissKitty... I never knew that about the seasonal bags also...you are very informative. It seemed like the GST I have seen on Ebay have lost their structure and look flat..I don't like that. Seems like everyone is really liking these reissue bags in metallic too. They are beautiful too. Its so hard to choose, now are they seasonal too. thanks you all are so kind..kelly

I thought the GST was to stiff for me. The sa brought out the in and out and its beautiful. Its alot less structured, soft, has only one strap so it doesn't fall down like the double strap of the gst. I also like the in/out better because not as many people have it. Unlike the gst which is available every season. The gst is a lot less expensive, comes in more colors. The in/out comes in red, black and purple. I prefer the in/out but haven't bought it yet because of the price.

Saks has a egc every few months. They will waive tax as long as there is no saks in your state.