in a rut...

gabz

O.G.
Jun 20, 2007
i tend to go through phases of wearing the same bling every day for awhile. this summer i have been fixated on my diamond initial pendant, stud earings (either small diamonds or pearls) and a diamond esq watch or rtt bracelet.

then in the winter i tend to wear big earings and bracelets and not many pendants.

just wondered if anyone gets in ruts like this. i think ive worn the same jewels for a wk straight!

I never change jewelry. I am very minimalist. I will change pendants once every few months.

The only time I change is if we have a wedding or something to go to.

I always wear the same rings and bracelet. I consider those my basics. I never go without earrings, so that's the thing I change up the most.

In winter I don't wear too many necklaces because I typically wear lots of layers and high neck sweaters.

I avoid ruts by organizing my jewelry box from time to time. It reminds me of other pieces I can mix and match.

I have my everyday pieces that I wear continuously, what i'm wearing lately is my ruby, diamond ring white gold, my pearl studs and my tiffany key on a 30 inch chain.

like couturequeen whenever I feel like I have forgotten about my other jewellery or feel the need to go purchase something else I look through my jewellery drawers and see what catches my eye or I have forgotten about! Then if I feel like I am in a style rut I'll buy pieces that work to mix and match with my other stuff.

The only things that I always wear is my wedding set. Besides that, I change my jewelry, must like changing my clothes, every day. I have most of my bobbles neatly organized in a great jewelry box that I purchased at Costco. Beside the box is a necklace tree that I got from Brighton's. Every morning, after I get dressed, I choose what jewelry to put on. Putting on something different daily makes life more interesting and fun to me.

I have been doing this a lot lately- I wear my T&Co watch and diamond studs almost daily. It can be hard to break out of a rut- I have so many other gorgeous pairs of earrings, and necklaces, and bracelets that I haven't worn in months- for me I think they key is to find a way to display them so I see them when I am getting dressed in the morning, that way I will reach for them.

I wear the same diamond earrings every day. I only wear 2 watches - so I just alternate. But for pendants and bracelets, I try to wear something different each day but I do tend to wear a few favorite items over and over during the week. And I also wear my wedding rings every day.

I wear my diamond earrings everyday. I don't take them out. I wear my wedding rings, of course, and I sometimes wear a watch. That's it. I think that my earrings over power a pendant.

Allthough, I did just buy a new right hand ring... Hope it comes in the mail soon ;)

I wear the same silver necklace and same watch every day. the only thing I ever change is my earrings. Boring, but I'm not a morning person and I have to be at work pretty early. :smile:

I have a few things I never change up, like my bracelets and watch and one ring. But I have a lot of jewelry and so I tend to wear something new everyday... I once tried to see how long I could go without wearing the same thing two days in a row. I got bored after four months and gave up. (Yes, this means I have too much jewelry, if there is such a thing...!)