In a Major Pickle, ANY & ALL Help Greatly Appreciated

Sounds like a horrid experience!

I did not know this strap came in a version without the medallions! Because I haven't seen it before at the Dior boutiques, I would advise that you contact a Dior sales associate to see if such a style was made. I would have purchased this already if it was made. I have yet to see a blogger or anyone carrying the authentic Oblique strap without the medallions.

And for these straps, there are a lot of fakes out there. Without the embossed Dior logo or any date code, it is very difficult to authenticate these straps as there are not many details to compare. I advise only getting the straps directly from Dior.

Oooh I'm so glad I asked. This is exactly what I was worried about. I've been looking for one of these mysterious straps for quite a while, but I've only been able to find sold listings from yoogiscloset & therealreal x2. The title of the sold listing on yoogi's referred to the medallion-less strap as "vintage" which struck me as odd. I have definitley started to notice more & more of these new "dior" super-fakes popping up, such a shame. Tomorrow I'll have to just ask my SA whether or not this strap was ever actually produced by Dior. Ugh it's such a cute strap, I just can't handle those wild gladiator-shield-medallilons lol!
I'll let you know what I find out about it, if anything.
Btw, my giant Dior package arrived today.. but I haven't opened it yet because I'm feeling under-the-weather & I want to wait until I can fully enjoy my unboxing moment.:amuse:

Thanks Again My Friend, You've Been a Great Dior Mentor!

Reactions: averagejoe
Oooh I'm so glad I asked. This is exactly what I was worried about. I've been looking for one of these mysterious straps for quite a while, but I've only been able to find sold listings from yoogiscloset & therealreal x2. The title of the sold listing on yoogi's referred to the medallion-less strap as "vintage" which struck me as odd. I have definitley started to notice more & more of these new "dior" super-fakes popping up, such a shame. Tomorrow I'll have to just ask my SA whether or not this strap was ever actually produced by Dior. Ugh it's such a cute strap, I just can't handle those wild gladiator-shield-medallilons lol!
I'll let you know what I find out about it, if anything.
Btw, my giant Dior package arrived today.. but I haven't opened it yet because I'm feeling under-the-weather & I want to wait until I can fully enjoy my unboxing moment.:amuse:

Thanks Again My Friend, You've Been a Great Dior Mentor!
I hope your unboxing moment is fantastic!

If this strap without the medallions was somehow made, I'm going to ask my SA to search the ends of the earth for it! I don't mind the medallions on the other version, but it makes the strap look more feminine (I'm a guy) and it adds dramatically to the price. It's over $2000 in Canada and I don't think it's worth it for a strap. I can buy a sale bag from another brand at this price.

I still don't think one without the medallions was made, but I could be wrong. To be sure, though, I will only buy it full price from a boutique.

I hope your unboxing moment is fantastic!

If this strap without the medallions was somehow made, I'm going to ask my SA to search the ends of the earth for it! I don't mind the medallions on the other version, but it makes the strap look more feminine (I'm a guy) and it adds dramatically to the price. It's over $2000 in Canada and I don't think it's worth it for a strap. I can buy a sale bag from another brand at this price.

I still don't think one without the medallions was made, but I could be wrong. To be sure, though, I will only buy it full price from a boutique.

Oh You'd Better Believe It Jojo;
It freaking exsisted & we missed it. I talked to my SA about it on Saturday. He immediatley said he remembered it, said it definitley did exsist, but that they all sold out over 6 months ago & he doesn't think there will be a re-order.
I can't believe I had one IN-THE-BAG with this girl on my selling platform.. It was a done-deal & I was just waiting for her to finish unpacking from moving to complete the sale & get it packed / shipped. Then at the literal last second, I'm guessing once she pulled it back out of the box & was reminded of it's beauty, she was like "Hey.. I think I'm actually going to keep it for myself. I'm so sorry for any confusion." My blood literally went cold hahaha. Like I couldn't feel my hands & broke out in a full-body sweat. My husband was scared lol.
I actually just sent her another message asking if she was absolutley sure there was no way we could work something out. She's probably thoroughly freaked out at this point lol.......

It freaking exsisted & we missed it. I talked to my SA about it on Saturday. He immediatley said he remembered it, said it definitley did exsist, but that they all sold out over 6 months ago & he doesn't think there will be a re-order.
I can't believe I had one IN-THE-BAG with this girl on my selling platform.. It was a done-deal & I was just waiting for her to finish unpacking from moving to complete the sale & get it packed / shipped. Then at the literal last second, I'm guessing once she pulled it back out of the box & was reminded of it's beauty, she was like "Hey.. I think I'm actually going to keep it for myself. I'm so sorry for any confusion." My blood literally went cold hahaha. Like I couldn't feel my hands & broke out in a full-body sweat. My husband was scared lol.
I actually just sent her another message asking if she was absolutley sure there was no way we could work something out. She's probably thoroughly freaked out at this point lol.......

I have that strap without Metal which I asked the SA remove them for me

I have that strap without Metal which I asked the SA remove them for me
Wait. Help me understand.... Are you telling me you just bought the strap WITH the medallions, & your SA removed the medallions, & it didnt leave like holes in it? Did you have it sent off to be professionally serviced?
I did consider doing this myself, but I figured it would leave damage behind.

Wow! I missed this completely! Sigh...Maybe they'll release one in a different colour without the medallions again.

Wow! I missed this completely! Sigh...Maybe they'll release one in a different colour without the medallions again.

Yea I would be surprised if something similair wasn't released. It seems like alot of people want the strap without the medallions. People were actually trying to buy that one out from under me (the one I was in the process of buying after-market). The seller ghosted me btw, she logged in but did not respond to my sad final-attempt message lol...
*Sigh* I'll have to order a different style, maybe a less expensive, non-dior strap to try out.
Have any recommendations for me?:biggrin:

Yea I would be surprised if something similair wasn't released. It seems like alot of people want the strap without the medallions. People were actually trying to buy that one out from under me (the one I was in the process of buying after-market). The seller ghosted me btw, she logged in but did not respond to my sad final-attempt message lol...
*Sigh* I'll have to order a different style, maybe a less expensive, non-dior strap to try out.
Have any recommendations for me?:biggrin:
Marc Jacobs sells a lot of these straps, but they look different. They are $85 USD each, which is a lot more affordable compared to the Dior ones.
M0014595_002_MAIN
M0010052_065_MAIN
M0011271_501_MAIN

M0014087_765_MAIN

Another one is Valentino but unless you can get them on sale, they will cost you almost as much as the Dior strap. I love the look of the Valentino straps, and they do match Dior bags because Maria Grazia Chiuri used to design for them (she managed to bring them to Dior).

But at the end of the day, I don't think you will be satisfied with anything short of a Dior strap. That's what happened to me. I tried a lot of alternatives, and even bought another Valentino strap (my fourth one!) which I refunded when I decided to get the Dior.

Marc Jacobs sells a lot of these straps, but they look different. They are $85 USD each, which is a lot more affordable compared to the Dior ones.

Another one is Valentino but unless you can get them on sale, they will cost you almost as much as the Dior strap. I love the look of the Valentino straps, and they do match Dior bags because Maria Grazia Chiuri used to design for them (she managed to bring them to Dior).

But at the end of the day, I don't think you will be satisfied with anything short of a Dior strap. That's what happened to me. I tried a lot of alternatives, and even bought another Valentino strap (my fourth one!) which I refunded when I decided to get the Dior.

Thanks Friend;
We are too similair. I actually have seen those Marc Jacobs straps, they seem to be really nice both in design & quality. I came close to ordering a black one with white abstract markings.. But then I found a different one on Farfetch & it just arrived this morning! The designer is Tila March, I wasn't familair prior to this. It's a pretty damn good color match. If you want an affordable extra strap for whatever reason I would reccomend it, I'm actually pretty pleased with myself for finding it haha. ( search: Tila March Simple Adjustable Shoulder Strap )
12860506_13126128_80.jpg
12860506_13126123_80.jpg

I really like the Dior emroidered guitar strap that you just got, in the navy blue like yours. I've considered that, as well as just getting the Oblique Strap with the Hot-Stamps / Medallions. My SA has even texted me photos of them as they've arrived in-store. I just haven't had that moment of like "YES PLZ TAKE ALL MY MONEY I DONT CARE" with those straps haha. I even have money set aside specifically for a Dior strap. I'm just not 100% sold on any of the available ones yet :hrmm:
I'm trying to be patient & see what comes around.. It is not easy for me lol.

Thanks Friend;
We are too similair. I actually have seen those Marc Jacobs straps, they seem to be really nice both in design & quality. I came close to ordering a black one with white abstract markings.. But then I found a different one on Farfetch & it just arrived this morning! The designer is Tila March, I wasn't familair prior to this. It's a pretty damn good color match. If you want an affordable extra strap for whatever reason I would reccomend it, I'm actually pretty pleased with myself for finding it haha. ( search: Tila March Simple Adjustable Shoulder Strap )
12860506_13126128_80.jpg
12860506_13126123_80.jpg

I really like the Dior emroidered guitar strap that you just got, in the navy blue like yours. I've considered that, as well as just getting the Oblique Strap with the Hot-Stamps / Medallions. My SA has even texted me photos of them as they've arrived in-store. I just haven't had that moment of like "YES PLZ TAKE ALL MY MONEY I DONT CARE" with those straps haha. I even have money set aside specifically for a Dior strap. I'm just not 100% sold on any of the available ones yet :hrmm:
I'm trying to be patient & see what comes around.. It is not easy for me lol.
Wow this Tila March strap does match very well!

If they produce the one without medallions, I'd buy another strap for my DiorQuake. I really like the one I have, but wouldn't mind another one.