In a funk!

Bag Fetish

Iphone Addict!
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
Was just going through my closet, bored and thought I'd change bags. I sprayed my fuchsia glam and was going to move in (last week) but didn't.. I'm loving my denim domed satchel that much.
So there hangs my glam feeling alone!

I pulled out my leather glam, dove glam, and pouted. I don't know which bag I'd like to move into...

Part of me is like sell off the bags... There they sit abandon ....

Maybe I need to see a doctor:P

Attachments

• image-649249949.jpg
    image-649249949.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 543
Awww...sorry you are in a funk girl!

I actually did kinda the same thing today but I was going thru bags and got 7 bags out that I thought I might wanna get rid of....needless to say 3 of them went back into the closet tucked into their dustbags and there are 4 sitting in my guest room on the bed.

And I have sat here this afternoon....pondering what to do with these bags that NEVER see the light of day...3 of the 4 that are sitting out are going back into hiding.......so that leaves ONE! I just can't bear to get rid of the ones I was going to...

When you find that Doctor, give me a ring....maybe we could get a "group rate!" LOL

IMO if you aren't using a bag and you don't foresee yourself using the bag anytime soon then sell it. I've been through my ups and downs with this, I hoard then I purge then I go back to hoarding...never ending cycle. I'm to the point now that once I put a bag down and don't see myself carrying her again I simply let her go. I felt so bogged down by looking at all my sitting bags that it really made it hard for me to enjoy the bags that I was carrying frequently, the guilt of the sitting bags :cry: I know every situation is different with each person but this has worked for me, hoping it helps you too!

I kind of got the same feeling a few weeks back and sold a few of my bags and I feel good about it-be careful though-I almost sold my first coach bag but then came to my senses! Don't unload anything you would regret.

I used to have this problem with my wardrobe, then I found a solution that worked for me and helped me to feel better about getting rid of things... Choose a bag that you haven't used in a while but feel like you would like to use tomorrow, load her up and put her by the front door or wherever you usually leave your purse for the night. When it's time to go out tomorrow, grab that loaded up purse and ask yourself if you're happy with it or if you want to transfer to another purse. If you want to stay in it, then keep it; if you want to transfer out when it's already loaded up, then sell it. I did this with my clothes by laying them out the night before, then seeing if I was interested in wearing them the next day or passed them over for something else. Anything I passed over that was laying out, I donated, and I had no regrets. Might work :smile:

I know how you feel! I purged my closet about a month ago after I came home with my 3rd Michael Kors bag! Sold the ones I haven't used in a year or longer, gave some to good will and put myself on a ban, and so far so good! Take the advice of being careful of what you let go. I have no regrets and I am not searching ebay for a replacement of a bag I just sold...... Thats the worst!

I used to have this problem with my wardrobe, then I found a solution that worked for me and helped me to feel better about getting rid of things... Choose a bag that you haven't used in a while but feel like you would like to use tomorrow, load her up and put her by the front door or wherever you usually leave your purse for the night. When it's time to go out tomorrow, grab that loaded up purse and ask yourself if you're happy with it or if you want to transfer to another purse. If you want to stay in it, then keep it; if you want to transfer out when it's already loaded up, then sell it. I did this with my clothes by laying them out the night before, then seeing if I was interested in wearing them the next day or passed them over for something else. Anything I passed over that was laying out, I donated, and I had no regrets. Might work :smile:
Like this idea! Take it out for a test run! If you realize you still love it, keep it! If you can't wait to get home and transfer into something else, sell it!

tnsweetness said:
Awww...sorry you are in a funk girl!

I actually did kinda the same thing today but I was going thru bags and got 7 bags out that I thought I might wanna get rid of....needless to say 3 of them went back into the closet tucked into their dustbags and there are 4 sitting in my guest room on the bed.

And I have sat here this afternoon....pondering what to do with these bags that NEVER see the light of day...3 of the 4 that are sitting out are going back into hiding.......so that leaves ONE! I just can't bear to get rid of the ones I was going to...

When you find that Doctor, give me a ring....maybe we could get a "group rate!" LOL

Lol at the group rate:smile:
I decided to cut the tags on my Ashlyn and stuffed her:smile:

mrs.blue said:
I kind of got the same feeling a few weeks back and sold a few of my bags and I feel good about it-be careful though-I almost sold my first coach bag but then came to my senses! Don't unload anything you would regret.

Glad you can to your senses:smile:

^^^This is a great idea! I'm going to try this for bags, clothes and shoes! Thanks!

^^^This is a great idea! I'm going to try this for bags, clothes and shoes! Thanks!

Good luck! I can't tell you how many times I looked at something on the hanger and said, "Oh, I'll wear it SOMEDAY..."... then I laid it out, forced myself to put it on in the morning, then dashed to change out of it before leaving the house because I hated it that much! :roflmfao:

Scooch said:
I know how you feel! I purged my closet about a month ago after I came home with my 3rd Michael Kors bag! Sold the ones I haven't used in a year or longer, gave some to good will and put myself on a ban, and so far so good! Take the advice of being careful of what you let go. I have no regrets and I am not searching ebay for a replacement of a bag I just sold...... Thats the worst!

Yes that would be a bad thing... Trying to replace those bags.

unfurling said:

Interesting process, thanks!