In a funk!

Good luck! I can't tell you how many times I looked at something on the hanger and said, "Oh, I'll wear it SOMEDAY..."... then I laid it out, forced myself to put it on in the morning, then dashed to change out of it before leaving the house because I hated it that much! :roflmfao:
I had a shirt like that and I only kept it because it went with certain pants, but I hated the shirt. Finally, I put it in the donation bag and never missed it. I need to get rid of some stuff that I just don't wear. Looks like I have a lot of clothes, but don't wear 1/2 of them! I'll let you know how it all works out!:smile:

When this happened to me, I called my BFF who also has a bag addiction and we swapped bags. It was great because we didn't spend any money, we got bags that we knew were well taken care of, and if we had swappers remorse, we could get the bags back.

I hope you can get out of your handbag funk soon!!!

I had a shirt like that and I only kept it because it went with certain pants, but I hated the shirt. Finally, I put it in the donation bag and never missed it. I need to get rid of some stuff that I just don't wear. Looks like I have a lot of clothes, but don't wear 1/2 of them! I'll let you know how it all works out!:smile:

I'm better at getting rid of/donating clothes than some other things...I usually go through my closet twice a year, when I'm switching clothes out because of season changes. I still have a lot of clothes but somehow manage to wear most of it!

LVoeShopping said:
IMO if you aren't using a bag and you don't foresee yourself using the bag anytime soon then sell it. I've been through my ups and downs with this, I hoard then I purge then I go back to hoarding...never ending cycle. I'm to the point now that once I put a bag down and don't see myself carrying her again I simply let her go. I felt so bogged down by looking at all my sitting bags that it really made it hard for me to enjoy the bags that I was carrying frequently, the guilt of the sitting bags :cry: I know every situation is different with each person but this has worked for me, hoping it helps you too!

This works for me too :smile: I use a bag for a while and if I'm tired of it I try to be honest and just sell it. The overwhelmed feeling of the extra bags was just too much. Some are keepers and some just have to shine on Lol! :biggrin:

unfurling said:
I used to have this problem with my wardrobe, then I found a solution that worked for me and helped me to feel better about getting rid of things... Choose a bag that you haven't used in a while but feel like you would like to use tomorrow, load her up and put her by the front door or wherever you usually leave your purse for the night. When it's time to go out tomorrow, grab that loaded up purse and ask yourself if you're happy with it or if you want to transfer to another purse. If you want to stay in it, then keep it; if you want to transfer out when it's already loaded up, then sell it. I did this with my clothes by laying them out the night before, then seeing if I was interested in wearing them the next day or passed them over for something else. Anything I passed over that was laying out, I donated, and I had no regrets. Might work :smile:

Oh good idea especially with the clothes! :smile: I pass by a lot of stuff. Time to do this with my closet!

When this happened to me, I called my BFF who also has a bag addiction and we swapped bags. It was great because we didn't spend any money, we got bags that we knew were well taken care of, and if we had swappers remorse, we could get the bags back.

that would be awesome.. Glad you have someone like that to do that with :smile:

I love the idea of bag swapping! If only one of my friends was a coachie-most of my friends are horrified that I buy coach even when it is at the outlet.