impulsive decisions...

Momma Leanne

~*~*bagaholic*~*~
May 7, 2009
hi guys -

so i've been contemplating about selling my rggh black city bc it's too heavy for me. i love it but it takes the fun out of it being that it's so heavy for me.

i have a moutard pt that i loved until i saw the city!!!

i tried to carry my rggh but it ended up being decoration in the living room bc it was just to heavy for me. i took the pt out more than the rggh but not as an every day bag bc it was too slouchy for me, bc i'm so short, i like smaller and more squarish bags than the pt which is more rectangular.

i've been going back and fourth with lots of regret... so i finally decided to sell my rggh until my cousin spooked me about ebay and scams. i've never sold anything on ebay and i'm just downright lazy about doing anything.

but i did decide that today was the day. i went to a 2nd handshop more like a consignment shop to resell my moutard and rggh and trade it in for 2 cities - a black and moutard.

i did it but it cost me $800USD. i took a really big hit. honestly, it hurts a lot. i was hoping to at least trade my rggh for a black city with no difference but it was not possible. i dunno how it ended up so much but i just couldn't bare having 2 gorgeous bags in my closet taking up space. i sure as hell wanted to use them.

that was impulsive. i didn't wanna think about it anymore. i feel great about having 2 bags that i love love love but the 800USD really hurts. i feel like one of my bags were taken from me for almost free :sad:

but on the bright side, i have 2 brand new city bags!!!

did anyone else lose lots of money from selling their bag??? i have to say that this was an expensive lesson. next time i really need to see the bags in person, carry it and put my stuff in it before i buy things impulsively again. when i shop, my mind is not very clear...

i just had to get it done today bc it was just starting to annoy me, having 2 gorgeous bags sitting there... i do love them, just not loving them for me!

i really hope i made the right decision. the 800usd just hurts a lot right now :sad:

I would have just put them on consignment and waited for them to sell both and only after I would buy the replacements but not from them.
I did this here in Hkg , I sold my sahara first which was brand new, I lost 200usd in the transaction and they wanted me to purchase a brand new giant city in another color. I didn't buy from them but instead took the money they paid me and added more and bought a giant city from a bal boutique in Europe. If I bought from them the replacement, I would have lost a total of 500 usd.
The reason I sold my sahara first at a loss was that the color in that size was not popular or in demand which would be very difficult to sell.

Last edited:
Don't think some much about it since damage already done. Selling and buying (even Hermes or chanel) will lose money. Treat it as a learning process since you know city suits u more. Meanwhile just enjoy your new cities;) Any reveal????

Agree with dannkat.

I've made one mistake with one Bal before, and ended up selling it.

It's like dealing in shares or real estate: you win some, lose some. And ultimately, what you get for what you originally loved but are now selling, depends on what someone else is prepared to pay for it.

I always prefer to sell at a loss than keep what I don't use. Consignment can usually get you a little more money perhaps... but you didn't want your old bag, you wanted a new bag, and you got two lovely ones that you are clearly excited about.

Forget regret: you've done the right thing:smile:

I would have just put them on consignment and waited for them to sell both and only after I would buy the replacements but not from them.
I did this here in Hkg , I sold my sahara first which was brand new, I lost 200usd in the transaction and they wanted me to purchase a brand new giant city in another color. I didn't buy from them but instead took the money they paid me and added more and bought a giant city from a bal boutique in Europe. If I bought from them the replacement, I would have lost a total of 500 usd.
The reason I sold my sahara first at a loss was that the color in that size was not popular or in demand which would be very difficult to sell.

200usd loss isn't too bad bc 800USD feels like half of a brand new bag but it's no way u can compare w a brand new one, hehe.

i was thinking about milan station but iffy just bc i wanted to get it over w... i didn't wanna run around taipei just to save a few bucks!!!!

this is my 1st experience at a consignment shop / 2nd hand shop!!!

While I never buy off ebay I don't trust it for buying, I do sell there. I usually do pretty well, and sometimes sell for as much as I paid for them minus the fees. It's great for when I make a purchase that I later regret and I want something new.