Impulse purchase.. what do you think?

smiles1003

O.G.
Jul 1, 2009
I bought this bag in gunmetal tonight at bloomingdales. It's a cole haan bag. I have been keeping my eye out for something in the grey family. I guess I wasn't planning on finding it today. it was the only one they had, so I picked it up. It seems pretty comfy to carry. The bag is pebbled leather and has a pretty "shimmer" to it.

What do you guys think of this bag? Is it "old lady" or too "blah"? How do Cole Haan bags wear? TIA!

http://tinyurl.com/ycfwfms

Attachments

• cole haan.jpg
    cole haan.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 319
It's a beautiful bag, ageless and classy. And CH bags wear well and forever. CH got its start making shoes decades ago ... which should you tell you something about the quality. They don't mess around with cheap leather!

If you're thinking that this bag makes you look or feel something other than what you are, then it's not for you and I'd take it back. Your question about 'is it old lady or too blah' makes me think that you think it might be ...and if so, you'll ALWAYS think that...

I bought this bag in gunmetal tonight at bloomingdales. It's a cole haan bag. I have been keeping my eye out for something in the grey family. I guess I wasn't planning on finding it today. it was the only one they had, so I picked it up. It seems pretty comfy to carry. The bag is pebbled leather and has a pretty "shimmer" to it.

What do you guys think of this bag? Is it "old lady" or too "blah"? How do Cole Haan bags wear? TIA!

http://tinyurl.com/ycfwfms

This bag isn't the large size, its the small so it hits right above my hip, which is a good size for me.

I think the one thing I am not used to is the hard wear from cole haan. I guess the buckles might be throwing me off, but the shape/size/etc I like.

Sometimes I wish I always had a friend with me when I go shopping to have another opinion =)

Is it safe to assume that well known quality would that apply to metallic leather?

smiles, I think that the bag is very pretty - and it's a nice subtle metallic, which in my opinion are not only the easiest to wear, but all pose less potential problems in terms of any potential flaking, peeling, etc. I would imagine that with as good as CH's other bags are, this one should be no exception, metallic or not.

I think that Cole Hann went through a period in recent years in which their bags were kind of stodgy-looking (though always of good quality), but lately they are coming up with some very cute styles at excellent prices! I have been impressed...and they get excellent reviews from PFers, which as you know are a tough crowd. ;)

I absolutely love that bag! I saw that particular style in red and was pining over it for a long time but decided I already have too many bags. Lots of things I like about that bag...the shoulder strap length, roominess, zipper and general classiness. Enjoy!