Impulse purchase...HELP!

tampagirl

Apr 17, 2007
I regularly look at bluefly for deals and found the large jolicouer tote today and bought it on impulse. I've been wanting a tote, but I think the large might be too big? I'm 5'3" and about 115/120 lbs (just gained a few, but planning on losing it :smile:). I guess I can return it if I don't like it. Also, I'll be upset if it ends up going on sale in May! Any thoughts?

Here's the pic:

http://www.gucci.com/us/us-english/us/classics/handbags/#0-163484-139260F40MG9791

do you have a gucci outlet in your area?

if so, you might get lucky! there are 2 gucci outlets about an hour away from where i live. both had about the same inventory. so i'm thinking, all gucci outlets have about the same inventory!

in terms of how it looks, i bought a similar looking one but instead of the green-red-green web on the bag itself, mine had the web as both straps. i think it came in 2 sizes only. the bigger one fit me perfectly! i'm 5'3 and a few pounds heavier than you - also trying to lose it :smile:

in terms of price, i paid about $479.00 + tax... not bad since the regular price was actually in the $800's...

i went this past weekend, but didn't see anything similar to what you like. there were a few totes though. i actually got the bigger black guccissima tote for only $469.00 + tax (regular price i think is $1200.00)!!!!

you should check the gucci sticky about sales. lorenzo posted pictures of the inventory at the woodbury outlet. the outlet in secaucus has the exact same ones...

do you have a gucci outlet in your area?

if so, you might get lucky! there are 2 gucci outlets about an hour away from where i live. both had about the same inventory. so i'm thinking, all gucci outlets have about the same inventory!

in terms of how it looks, i bought a similar looking one but instead of the green-red-green web on the bag itself, mine had the web as both straps. i think it came in 2 sizes only. the bigger one fit me perfectly! i'm 5'3 and a few pounds heavier than you - also trying to lose it :smile:

in terms of price, i paid about $479.00 + tax... not bad since the regular price was actually in the $800's...

i went this past weekend, but didn't see anything similar to what you like. there were a few totes though. i actually got the bigger black guccissima tote for only $469.00 + tax (regular price i think is $1200.00)!!!!

you should check the gucci sticky about sales. lorenzo posted pictures of the inventory at the woodbury outlet. the outlet in secaucus has the exact same ones...

Thanks! I live in Florida - no outlets near by :tdown:. I was thinking of maybe the black new britt tote. Outlets are all sales final, right?

Congrats! That's a really nice bag! Do you normally like large bags? I don't think that's too large for you at all, but then again, I like large bags. Isn't Bluefly cheaper than Gucci, even when Gucci has their sales?

I am a bit smaller and shorter than you and I bought this bag during the last sale. I LOVE carrying it. I don't feel like it is too big at all. It is nice and slouchy.
I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do.