Impulse purchase...HELP!

tampagirl

Apr 17, 2007
I regularly look at bluefly for deals and found the large jolicouer tote today and bought it on impulse. I've been wanting a tote, but I think the large might be too big? I'm 5'3" and about 115/120 lbs (just gained a few, but planning on losing it :smile:). I guess I can return it if I don't like it. Also, I'll be upset if it ends up going on sale in May! Any thoughts?

Here's the pic:

http://www.gucci.com/us/us-english/us/classics/handbags/#0-163484-139260F40MG9791

meluv2shop12

Dec 9, 2007
la la land
do you have a gucci outlet in your area?

if so, you might get lucky! there are 2 gucci outlets about an hour away from where i live. both had about the same inventory. so i'm thinking, all gucci outlets have about the same inventory!

in terms of how it looks, i bought a similar looking one but instead of the green-red-green web on the bag itself, mine had the web as both straps. i think it came in 2 sizes only. the bigger one fit me perfectly! i'm 5'3 and a few pounds heavier than you - also trying to lose it :smile:

in terms of price, i paid about $479.00 + tax... not bad since the regular price was actually in the $800's...

i went this past weekend, but didn't see anything similar to what you like. there were a few totes though. i actually got the bigger black guccissima tote for only $469.00 + tax (regular price i think is $1200.00)!!!!

you should check the gucci sticky about sales. lorenzo posted pictures of the inventory at the woodbury outlet. the outlet in secaucus has the exact same ones...

tampagirl

Apr 17, 2007
Thanks! I've never bought a bag I didn't try on, but I knew if I thought about it, it would be gone on Bluefly. I hope I like it!

tampagirl

Apr 17, 2007
do you have a gucci outlet in your area?

if so, you might get lucky! there are 2 gucci outlets about an hour away from where i live. both had about the same inventory. so i'm thinking, all gucci outlets have about the same inventory!

in terms of how it looks, i bought a similar looking one but instead of the green-red-green web on the bag itself, mine had the web as both straps. i think it came in 2 sizes only. the bigger one fit me perfectly! i'm 5'3 and a few pounds heavier than you - also trying to lose it :smile:

in terms of price, i paid about $479.00 + tax... not bad since the regular price was actually in the $800's...

i went this past weekend, but didn't see anything similar to what you like. there were a few totes though. i actually got the bigger black guccissima tote for only $469.00 + tax (regular price i think is $1200.00)!!!!

you should check the gucci sticky about sales. lorenzo posted pictures of the inventory at the woodbury outlet. the outlet in secaucus has the exact same ones...
Thanks! I live in Florida - no outlets near by :tdown:. I was thinking of maybe the black new britt tote. Outlets are all sales final, right?

peevenjo

O.G.
Jul 5, 2007
Hawaii
Congrats! That's a really nice bag! Do you normally like large bags? I don't think that's too large for you at all, but then again, I like large bags. Isn't Bluefly cheaper than Gucci, even when Gucci has their sales?

lindacris

O.G.
Jan 31, 2007
the beach or the lake
I am a bit smaller and shorter than you and I bought this bag during the last sale. I LOVE carrying it. I don't feel like it is too big at all. It is nice and slouchy.
I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do.

tampagirl

Apr 17, 2007
I am a bit smaller and shorter than you and I bought this bag during the last sale. I LOVE carrying it. I don't feel like it is too big at all. It is nice and slouchy.
I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do.
Thanks! So does your bag have the brown trim? I wonder if this actual bag was on sale?