Impulse Buy Remorse

Roe

O.G.
Jan 18, 2008
Okay, so I decided to thread on deep waters and look for a Vernis Alma on Ebay.

I came across a bag which was coming to a final bid within minutes and I won it.

I posted it on the Authentication section and Lee said "not good"

I also did a little more research and the lining looks a little off. At the end, I'm not comfortable with this. I contacted my credit card company but they say that since it just posted, they can't do anything to try back tomorrow.

Should I be scared? Am I out almost $1,000 dollars for a fake bag?

Please Advise

well, you should have done your homework before you placed your bid..are you sure

the bag is fake??

you can either ask your seller to cancel the transaction or you can wait til the

bag arrives and file a SNAD.. know that you made a mistake but

you should have checked it out before you put a bid in...

If you are sure the bag is fake,you can post the auction and it will get reported as such. You should not have to pay for a fake bag. Even if you have to take a hit (Neg FB or non-paying bidder or whatever), don't pay for a fake bag! It is much harder to get your money back then not pay. Oh I see you already paid? If the auction is taken down as fake, EBAY will return your $$ no doubt.

You should have authenticated BEFORE you bid. You can ask the seller to cancel but if they don't, when you get the bag you'll have to prove to Paypal it's fake by getting a letter from a trusted authenticator.

Email the seller and try to cancel before its shipped. Let them know that if they do ship it you are going to have it re-authenticated and if it comes out as fake you are going to file a SNAD with eBay. If the seller knows its fake, they will cancel the transaction and refund you to avoid the drama of a SNAD.
Or you can say you are going file with paypal and paypal tells buyers to destroy fake bags if they have authentication proof...
But don't make it sound like a threat. Just let them know that you will have the bag authenticated upon arrival.
Good luck!
Hopefully you can get them to cancel to save yourself some trouble.

Has the bag shipped? If not, contact the seller ASAP and tell them you want to cancel the transaction because you now believe the item is fake. Explain that it is not buyer's remorse, that you had the pics authenticated by outside parties and the feedback was that it was fake. Maybe the seller will cancel & refund before it mails.

If it's already mailed there's not much you can do right now. Wait to get it, and video tape yourself opening the package then carefully video the bag. This is just in case you need to try to prove what the seller sent later. After inspection, if you still think it's fake then contact the buyer again and tell them it's a fake, then proceed with return/SNAD process.

Sorry and good luck!

Just file a SNAD claim after receiving the bag (condition that it actually is fake) you shouldn't have a problem getting money back.

Try not to worry everyone makes mistakes :smile:

Thanks ladies, I know I should have had it authenticated. After so many years of being on TPF, I should have however I didn't. I paid for the item immediately, only to then realize "oh wait, i didn't even post on TPF for opinion, so I did post it after paying and it wasn't good with authenticator.

The seller wrote back to me immediately saying thank you for prompt payment and the item will be shipped out within 3 business days from Miami, however on the profile, it stated that they were in Victoria Australia, that also rose a red flag for me.

I then wrote back to please provide me with a few more pictures and such and this is what they responded

"i did my best by trying to do close shot of the label, i guess my camera not the best. they never gave me the box, sorry, the bag cost only $ 1050 in a shop, im really surprised why would you by second hand for 100 less of original price? and i dont have the little locker as i put it in a descriptions, plus the bag has small white mark on lower side of the bag.
please let me know that you read the description, as i dont want wast my time by sending item and then find that you didn't know that."

I then wrote back:
I'd like to cancel this transaction. I have already contacted my credit card company. Based on your comments, and your inaccuracy, I'd rather not go thru with this transaction. I know you have not sent the bag out yet, so it would be nothing at all for you to go ahead and just request for a cancellation. No hard feelings whatsoever.

I have yet to hear back from her or him. This is definitely a lesson learned. I know times are tough but I really have no business trying to buy from Ebay if I'm going to have this knot in my stomach.

That sounds like a reasonable exchange. If you both agree to cancel and the seller gets refunded the final value fees, both parties come out okay. Hope you hear back soon, keep us updated!

So she finally got back to me, even though she claims that it wasn't a misrepresentation and that the bag was authentic, she will refund me because the measurements were wrong????????

She did send me the request for cancellation as well as contacted pay pal to reimburse me my monies.

Lesson learned!!! Continue buying my LV at the LV Boutique.

So she finally got back to me, even though she claims that it wasn't a misrepresentation and that the bag was authentic, she will refund me because the measurements were wrong????????

She did send me the request for cancellation as well as contacted pay pal to reimburse me my monies.

Lesson learned!!! Continue buying my LV at the LV Boutique.

ok.. lesson learned....:smile: