Impressions/dents on my Kate. HELP!!

SaraDK

Addicted!
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
I mover across country a month ago, and today I unpacked my Kate bag. And OMG! I had let the strap lay over the front of the bag. :sad:

What can I do to save it??

2b127b91.jpg

Sorry for the large image, posting from my iPhone.

Use some leather conditioner -- perhaps a little more than you might normally use, in order to moisten the leather and flatten out/remove the creases. you may need to do it a couple of times, but "soaking" the leather with conditioner should remove those creases & dents (it's just like clothing, when it wrinkles, a little bit of water will smooth them out - with bags, use leather lotion!)

I sure wouldn't do anything more drastic than that. It will be ok after a while. ;)

Thx! I was reading online about dents in leather, and a lot suggested soap or ironing. I would never do that to such an expensive bag!

Iluvmybags: Thx, the first thing I did was to put conditioner on it. Will give it some more! :smile:

I am sure it will be back to normal after a while!
As others suggested: leather conditioner, and I would also follow nas' sugesstion to put something heavier in it and hang it from the doorknob.
Also, I think if you just use it a while and don't pay to much attention to the dent, I am sure after some time you'll notice it is gone :biggrin: