IMPORTANT : To the owners of a VINTAGE Chanel bag !!!

margault

Apr 7, 2008
Please, I need help.

I just saw a vintage 2.55 Chanel bag but I am not sure about its authenticity.
(I already posted it in the Authentification section, but I only got 1 opinion)
So I really need you to tell me what you think about this (I first have to say that it is a 80s bag, so no hologram, authenticity card or anything...) and the girl says that it has been checked at the Chanel store already.

But I don't have any proof of that.

So I hope that this kind of thread will help me.

469b_1.JPG

4d16_1.JPG

5416_1.JPG

5ade_1.JPG

61c6_1.JPG

There is no CHANEL and MADE IN FRANCE/ITALY stamp. And I must add that the clasp outside has been changed.
Would you buy it ?

Thanks again for your help !!! :heart:

Please, I need help.

I just saw a vintage 2.55 Chanel bag but I am not sure about its authenticity.
(I already posted it in the Authentification section, but I only got 1 opinion)
So I really need you to tell me what you think about this (I first have to say that it is a 80s bag, so no hologram, authenticity card or anything...) and the girl says that it has been checked at the Chanel store already.

But I don't have any proof of that.

So I hope that this kind of thread will help me.

There is no CHANEL and MADE IN FRANCE/ITALY stamp. And I must add that the clasp outside has been changed.
Would you buy it ?

Thanks again for your help !!! :heart:

You didn't mention this in the authentication thread. And you got three opinions, mine, Pursepushin and Burberry_prncess also looked at the pictures. We suggested you needed more pictures, but since you've added this information about no stamps I'm saying it's definitely fake.:tdown: Also, if it is from 1980's bag it SHOULD have (or have had) an authenticity sticker.

Are you absolutely sure there must be stamps ?
She said -I quote- "they told me at the store that at the time, there wasn't always stamps (just like the hologram sticker) [...] Those details first made me think it was a fake, but it is not finally, like they said in the boutique."

And about the time, she is not quite sure. We just know it is a vintage one.

I'm sure Amanda is going to merge this into the authentication thread soon, but yes it should absolutely have a CHANEL and Made in stamp. Sophie (burberry_prncess) and I were discussing this in the authentication thread.

Also, what was the original closure and who changed it? Was the original closure a mademoiselle closure or an interlocking CC closure?

April (pursepushin) pointed out that the CC's on the inside of the flap are overlapping incorrectly, did you read her comment?

Yes, I did read April's post, and I am grateful to the girls who helped/are helping me out.
The closure was similar to this one, I mean it was not an interlocking CC closure.
Thanks anyway ! xoxo

^ That was me, Mon.

To answer your question: no, I would not buy this. I will never spend my precious money on a bag if I wasn't 1000% sure about its authenticity.