IMPORTANT : To the owners of a VINTAGE Chanel bag !!!

margault

Apr 7, 2008
paris
Please, I need help.

I just saw a vintage 2.55 Chanel bag but I am not sure about its authenticity.
(I already posted it in the Authentification section, but I only got 1 opinion)
So I really need you to tell me what you think about this (I first have to say that it is a 80s bag, so no hologram, authenticity card or anything...) and the girl says that it has been checked at the Chanel store already.

But I don't have any proof of that.

So I hope that this kind of thread will help me.

There is no CHANEL and MADE IN FRANCE/ITALY stamp. And I must add that the clasp outside has been changed.
Would you buy it ?

Thanks again for your help !!! :heart:

Smoothoprter

Mon for short
Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
CALI
www.etincelerauthentications.com
Please, I need help.

I just saw a vintage 2.55 Chanel bag but I am not sure about its authenticity.
(I already posted it in the Authentification section, but I only got 1 opinion)
So I really need you to tell me what you think about this (I first have to say that it is a 80s bag, so no hologram, authenticity card or anything...) and the girl says that it has been checked at the Chanel store already.

But I don't have any proof of that.

So I hope that this kind of thread will help me.

There is no CHANEL and MADE IN FRANCE/ITALY stamp. And I must add that the clasp outside has been changed.
Would you buy it ?

Thanks again for your help !!! :heart:
You didn't mention this in the authentication thread. And you got three opinions, mine, Pursepushin and Burberry_prncess also looked at the pictures. We suggested you needed more pictures, but since you've added this information about no stamps I'm saying it's definitely fake.:tdown: Also, if it is from 1980's bag it SHOULD have (or have had) an authenticity sticker.

margault

Apr 7, 2008
paris
Are you absolutely sure there must be stamps ?
She said -I quote- "they told me at the store that at the time, there wasn't always stamps (just like the hologram sticker) [...] Those details first made me think it was a fake, but it is not finally, like they said in the boutique."

And about the time, she is not quite sure. We just know it is a vintage one.

Smoothoprter

Mon for short
Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
CALI
www.etincelerauthentications.com
I'm sure Amanda is going to merge this into the authentication thread soon, but yes it should absolutely have a CHANEL and Made in stamp. Sophie (burberry_prncess) and I were discussing this in the authentication thread.

Also, what was the original closure and who changed it? Was the original closure a mademoiselle closure or an interlocking CC closure?

April (pursepushin) pointed out that the CC's on the inside of the flap are overlapping incorrectly, did you read her comment?

margault

Apr 7, 2008
paris
Yes, I did read April's post, and I am grateful to the girls who helped/are helping me out.
The closure was similar to this one, I mean it was not an interlocking CC closure.
Thanks anyway ! xoxo

Nat

Feb 8, 2007
The Palace
^ That was me, Mon.

To answer your question: no, I would not buy this. I will never spend my precious money on a bag if I wasn't 1000% sure about its authenticity.