IMPORTANT please read

Bag Fetish

Iphone Addict!
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
I received two of these emails, one last night and one this morning.

Sent both to [email protected]
and got this back...

Thank you for contacting PayPal about a fraudulent (spoof) email or Web
site. We appreciate you bringing this suspicious email to our attention.

We can confirm that the email you received was not sent by PayPal. Any
website which may be linked to this email is not authorized or used by
PayPal.

Our fraud prevention team is working to disable any website linked to
this email. In the meantime, please do not enter any information into
this website. If you have already done so, you should immediately log
into your PayPal account and change your password, as well as your
security questions and answers. We also recommend that you contact your
bank and credit card company immediately.

I just want to warn everyone as i know some tend to question whether its from ebay/paypal and click on the links.

in most email programs, instead of clicking on the links (which may contain spyware or viruses), if you hold your cursor over the link, it should display the web address it will take you to. if the domain of the address is not paypal.com, then it's not from paypal.

Thanks for the heads up! Its so scary how similar it looks.

I must say though I always check it has my name at the top because Paypal never refer to you as paypal member and if they don't it is a spoof!:cursing:

Very, very tricky! It looks so good! I would think the big hint here is the fact that it doesn't say your real name-just Paypal member-that should hlp tip people off. Thanks for posting this

Somebody once tried to to a phishing on me, but when I complained to paypal, they got back to me and told me that it wasn't a phishing attempt and made me feel stupid. Of course, it was since I had never ever registered my email-adress anywhere that was relevant to paypal, but they obviously didn't care about that.

Luckly, I've never gotten one of these, but my sister has and fell for it! She quickly realized and changed her PW, thank goodness. Now I know that if doesn't have your name on it, it's a spoof! Thanks for posting this.