Important information regarding potential virus threat

I am pretty sure I got this one from either a gossip site or something I stupidly opened in my junk mail.

Right now, it is RAMPANT... and it's hard to try to figure out where it cam from. We had this malware at our office a month or so ago... and suspect a couple of site, but really not 4 sure. It's just running amuck.

Not that this is the same problem, but I though I would share anyway as it was occurring at about the same time as the virus issue on tPF recently.

I was just checking back through my virus scanning software logs and found that it blocked & deleted 2 trojans from loading on my PC - bredolab.ebd on the 22/1 & banload.ca on the 28/1. They both came in as an email from DHL saying that they couldn't make a delivery and that the tracking number was enclosed in an attachment.

You have to be so careful these days, there are so many nasty things out there.

I just got hit with the same trojan from what looked like a comment from someone on Facebook. Even the hot link showed it was from facebook.com but it wasn't. My friend is running for lieutenant governor of New York State and I never dreamed it wasn't something from him. My McAfee caught it before I got infected but these people are really out of control. Don't they have anything else to do???

I'm sorry if this has been addressed during the past 30 pages, but are we going to get the tPF Fixed format back? I thought you took it down because of the virus, but now that everything seems fine, can we have it back pretty please?:smile:

dang, i think i clicked on it bkz i thought that was my virus software telling me that somethings wrong and needs taking care of- and i clicked so fast without even reading- and flew right into it. my sony is a mess!!! so far avira hasn't found anything, but my computer is running extremely slow, can't do a full system recovery (it won't let it) and I'm at the end of my ideas on how to fix this... running several programms to see what's workking. thanks for all the tips on here, I'm gonna try them!

Well, we just got our computer back from the shop. It was not infected, no virus or anything. They did a system optimalization and physical cleaning, it seems to be running better, fingers crossed. It also may be time for a new one as this one is almost 5 years old. How long do they generally last?

Also, I know several folks who did get the virus who are not on the purse forum. There really is something going around.

Well, we just got our computer back from the shop. It was not infected, no virus or anything. They did a system optimalization and physical cleaning, it seems to be running better, fingers crossed. It also may be time for a new one as this one is almost 5 years old. How long do they generally last?

Also, I know several folks who did get the virus who are not on the purse forum. There really is something going around.

If your is 5 yrs old, IMO, you need a new one!

LOL! Yeah, I still use it, but we need a new one. It takes about 20 mins to "wake her up" from her slumber if she's been left alone for more than a few hours :lol: