Important info Empreinte Speedy 25 Things to look for

Nov 24, 2010
So I love my bag!!!! Wish I did not have to wait to use it.

Here is the deal. Upon bringing it home I noticed it was scratched on the back.
I was so disappointed. I called my sa and they said they had no other bags but they had one in Boston. So off to Boston I go today. The manager brought out the new bag. It was in worse condition that the first bag. So back to the first store I go. The manager said it would have to be ordered then as I was talking with her she got a brand new one in. I finally got my bag. yay!!

Lessons learned

1. Look over bag with a fine tooth comb before you leave. I was so excited I just assumed I was getting a first quality bag.

2. The Empreinte Speedy is hard to come by. They only have one or two in stock. So you are going to get the showroom model. (Ask them to order one for you)

3. Check the date code. My date code was from the 39 week of 2012. Not the newest I was expecting. The new one was a little better at 42nd week.

4. Don't Keep the lock on the top of the bag. It can make the leather along side of the zipper start to peel.

5. Don't loose the little loop that comes with the bag. It is not attached to the strap.

Thank you for the great tips. I even looked over my little Cles when I got it. I went to LV the day before they started selling the Emp. Speedy and since they couldn't sell it yet they ordered one. I'm so happy with her. The leather is gorgeous. I got the Inifini and don't regret it at all. It's my everyday bag now. Congrats on yours and I'm glad you found the perfect one. :smile:

Those tips are applicable to all bags! Since LV is hand crafted, there will be imperfections. I got the de speedy 25 and needed to exchange. They only had one other in store. Thankfully that one was better than the one I originally bought. Great advice for all :smile:

I got the DE Speedy B today and it looks like it's been worn already. I didn't notice it in the store though. Guess I'll be heading back again tomorrow. Wish we didn't have to go through all this trouble with the money we spend on these bags.

Another Impt thing to remember is that not all handles are made the same way...the ones we bought in HK has longer handles than the ones we bought here in Manila Philippines.

So I love my bag!!!! Wish I did not have to wait to use it.

Here is the deal. Upon bringing it home I noticed it was scratched on the back.
I was so disappointed. I called my sa and they said they had no other bags but they had one in Boston. So off to Boston I go today. The manager brought out the new bag. It was in worse condition that the first bag. So back to the first store I go. The manager said it would have to be ordered then as I was talking with her she got a brand new one in. I finally got my bag. yay!!

Lessons learned

1. Look over bag with a fine tooth comb before you leave. I was so excited I just assumed I was getting a first quality bag.

2. The Empreinte Speedy is hard to come by. They only have one or two in stock. So you are going to get the showroom model. (Ask them to order one for you)

3. Check the date code. My date code was from the 39 week of 2012. Not the newest I was expecting. The new one was a little better at 42nd week.

4. Don't Keep the lock on the top of the bag. It can make the leather along side of the zipper start to peel.

5. Don't loose the little loop that comes with the bag. It is not attached to the strap.

Thank you for the tips! I lost the extra loop the second day I had mine. Luckily I found it on my bedroom floor so now I'm always conscious of it. Also I bought mine a couple weeks ago and my date is the 26th week of 2012 lol. It was sitting there for awhile. I'm glad u got the one you lvoe!

I guess I would have to live with the cloth tag then. Since it seems there is no wat to get one without, except maybe going to Paris. Haha.
Another qn, I have a crease on the bag. Is it normal? Or a defect? I want to use my bag but dare not, in case this is a defect and I need to exchange it. I bought the bag online and went to the store to see if they had another one. The one at the store was worse. Do u think it is ok to keep this or go through the hassle of exchanging online. But that would mean I have to wait for a while to get the bag and the condition of the next one is uncertain since I can't see it first. I only have one store near me. The next one us 3hrs away. Will show pic in the next post.

There are 2 creases. The one on the right is quite faint but the one that bothers me is the one in the center. Am I being picky? I just do not want to have something defective after paying $2500+ for it. If this is normal and will go away after use, then I am alright with keeping it. Thanks for your help. I can identify with all of you. We pay so much and yet there is the hassle and headaches of exchanging and not getting close to perfect bags. The SA at the store I went to was really unpleasant too. She just said "Nothing is perfect" and said she does not see anything wrong.......

Attachments

• DSC01265_1.jpg
    DSC01265_1.jpg
    457.4 KB · Views: 2,161